SO Picking into a HU

• 22 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 528 replies

Community,

do you know IFS WADACO could pick the material into a tote (HU) when doing shop order picking? 

I believe it is possible for Picking into a HU in picking for customer order shipment, but never do this in shop order.

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes, you can. The data collection process is REPORT_PICK_HU_SO_PICK_LIST. If the finished good is packed into a handling unit (not shipment handling unit) - you should be able to report the picking of a handling unit on a shop order pick list. You could make this a subsequent process to a warehouse task if your organization is utilizing those as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Asturge1 Thank you for your reply.

Ok, my understand from your comment is, there should be another process before REPORT_PICK_HU_SO_PICK_LIST, correct? as you have to use WADACO to pack all picked goods to a HU, then you will be able to perform REPORT_PICK_HU_SO_PICK_LIST, am I understanding correct? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I do not believe it is required, but it is possible yes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Asturge1 thank you for your input, i will tried it out.

our main warehouse is couple blocks away, so normally for the parts that are in the main warehouse, all parts will be transported via a distribution order, if that is the case, you can pick into a HU, and HU can be generated on the customer order shipment. but what if the parts is in floor stock, then we have the concern is how to pick the materials into a HU, and do report picking and issue to the shop order. we will try it out then. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Sorry - I am a bit confused on the backend of that statement. If the finished goods items are in a floor stock location not in a shop order handling unit - you will have to use the Report Picking of Part Shop Order Pick List configuration since the good is not in a shop order handling unit. 

I hopefully can help more if you can describe the situation a little bit more. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Asturge1 yes, all raw materials could be putaway in a HU in the warehouse, could be 50pcs/HU, 100 EA/HU, but they will be picked from different HU,  random quantity, could be 1, or 50pcs,  our expectation is, for shop orders, multiple materials can be picked from lots of places, and finally they should be picked into a HU, and deliver to the shop floor. hope it clarify.

Thank you.