Recommendation Scanners for WaDaCo

• 11 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

The organization I’m working in just implemented IFS. We use WaDaCo for moving of goods, register arrivals etc. 

In this regard I’m curious of which hardware (scanners) you use and will recommend?

Currently we use Zebra TC21 but have some difficulties to deploy certificate on them and secure a stabil internet connection.

Cheers!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Christian Cordius ,

We use two different Zebra barcode scanners with IFS Application 10 Update 8 and WaDaCo.

We utilize the Zebra MC9300 and TC25 barcode scanners both of which are running Android 8.1 operating system.   We have loaded the IFS 10 Aurena Scan It 10 client on all the barcode readers.

We use our barcode scanners for receiving, moving parts, picking and counting at the moment.

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +15

HI @Christian Cordius 

Please check below articles 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Agree with the above, Zebra are generally the best way to go. I’ve always used TC70 / TC75 (think they’ve been superseded by TC72 and TC77 respectively) as they’re a bit on the rugged / durable side without compromising usability. It also works nicely on Android.

I’ve implemented it with Intermec & Windows Mobile but we didn’t find it as user friendly and the Zebra / Android options were definitely the preference.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

Thanks for above recommendations / information's. We still use Zebra TC21 in our factories. After we fixed the certificates and internet connection it works quite well. 

Br