Solved

Reading WaDaCo GS1 Barcodes from phones - Andriod/IOS

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi ,

Has anyone managed to read GS1 Barcodes from phones - Andriod/IOS ? This is in 22R1 Aurena version. 

What is the FNC1 character you used? I tried with ASCII 93 as well as the default in the Barcode generator we use .

But when reading from WaDaCo it just doesn’t pass values. Please see my screenshot below . As you can see the GS1 barcode values are not passed onto GTIN and other data items

Appreciate if someone can provide an insight into this . 

Thanks in advance for your time !

Regards

Yashodha

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 13 January 2023, 10:16

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Yashodha 😀

Did you have the correct FNC1 set on your configuration?

Did you have Use Automatic Value = Fixed on GTIN item?

Did GTIN item have a GS1 AI code set?

Is Scandit app installed/used, since its a camera I thought it would require Scandit also installed for it to scan GS1 barcodes properly. Plus Scandit need a key saved/registered in the right place, its not in Wadaco basic data anymore (like in Apps10), its somewhere in the basic data for the mobile app settings I think.

Best Regards,

Dario

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hej Hej Dario !

Thanks for the prompt response 🙂

All Basic Data in WaDaCo in terms of FNC1, GS1 and AI codes are all set up correctly. 

No Scandit app is not installed . Where can I enter the license key for Scandit ? I cannot see it in WaDaCo Basic Data.

Appreciate your input

Regards

Yashodha

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

As far as I know it I think it is here:

Note that the different app/OS have different keys

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Some more information about Scandit can be found in the documentation. Like this section for setting up ScanIt for Cloud.

Optional Scandit application license key

This is valid only if scanning barcodes from the devices camera when using IFS Scan It Android or iOS app.
When using the camera to scan barcodes, IFS Scan It uses the ZXing SDK (free barcode scanning software with limited barcode support) but can also use a better scanning SDK, Scandit (if provided with a paid license key). If scanning will be done in an environment with poor lighting or if GS1 barcodes will be scanned, it is a good idea to test using Scandit for better scanning performance.

The paid license key, must be obtained from Scandit web site following a procedure which is described below (needs payment). After obtaining the license key it must be entered on the Application Parameters page, be sure to filter for ScanIt.

Procedure to obtain a Scandit paid license key:

1. Login into https://www.scandit.com/
  2. Select License Keys
  3. Click on Create License Key
  4. Fill in the Description as you need. Set the Application ID/Bundle ID to com.ifsworld.barcodescanner
  5. For Platforms make sure that at least Android is ticked.
  6. Finally, click on Create License Key and you will be taken back to your dashboard.
  7. Click on the license key and copy it to your clipboard. Now add it in Application Parameters page, be sure to filter for Scanit in App Name column and find the appropriate scandit app key record and paste the key in the Value column.

If a valid license key is set, Scan It uses Scandit barcode scanning capabilities and if the Scandit license key is not valid (expired or wrong key) an error will be presented stating the key is not valid.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Dario Zani 

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us.

Although we tried from a trial license before we still got errors reading the GS1 barcodes because we didn’t know the correct Application ID/Bundle ID. It’s all sorted now and the barcodes are read smoothly from our devices

Really appreciate your help !

Regards

Yash

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Dario Zani ,

I have another question on this. If we buy a handheld scanner like Zebra, should we still need to have the Scandit License in place? 

Or will the inbuilt software (eg- a scanning wedge) in the device will be able to read the GS1 barcodes without an issue?

Appreciate your time in this :)

Regards

Yash

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Probably not since Scandit is more for when using a mobile phone/tablet that don’t have a proper scanner and only have a camera. But if the device have both a scanner and camera, you might have to change some settings on device so it don’t try to use camera instead of scanner, I think Zebra have some settings like that. You can check with Madusha, she was responding to a case like that very recently when a customer had a device with both camera and scanner and the system (the device) still tried to use the camera instead of scanner.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, 

I cant find the security_wadaco_mobile_user.ins file. where would i find it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi, 

I cant find the security_wadaco_mobile_user.ins file. where would i find it?

It depends on which Application version and update are you using, Apps10 or Cloud.

It have been renamed 1 or 2 times, alternative names are:

POST_Wadaco_security_wadaco_mobile_user.sql

security_wadaco_mobile_user.ins

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you Dario.

we are using Cloud. we get the error 

and alot of the strings say to re-run security_wadaco_mobile_user.ins file. I am new to cloud and Wadaco so struggling a little