Prefix in WADACO

• 31 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 544 replies

Community,

Wondering how is WADACO handling prefix?

for example, Part No 12345, the supplier label always begin with (P), so the scan value is (P)12345 instead of 12345 when doing goods receiving. on this supplier label, every item has prefix, for example, quantity is (Q), serial no is (S), PO No is (A), supplier no is (V). please refer to screenshots attached.

Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Ron,

We are supporting Inventory Part Barcodes and GS1 standard barcodes. I have seen customers putting there own prefixes inside the GS1 functionality and replacing the GS1 Application Identifiers with prefixes and make it work, but that is nothing we support from our side, you are at your own then and that will be considered as customer adaptation. We recently got an issue when using (Q) together with decimal values and the decimal sign that the customer had to fix with another adaption, since the GS1 standard have a different way of working with decimal values without any decimal sign.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you for your input.

yes, it is not GS1, GS1 got hard coded prefix to stand for different items.

this case definitely it is a MOD to me if we would like to use the label from the supplier. But I think the best cost effective way is we could talk to the supplier to make the changes, i.e.No prefix on each label.

Thank you.