Question

IFS Barcode available for IFS Parts

• 7 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I have generated IFS barcodes for parts, when registering arrival. If I use a non-track part (not serial or lot track) with say quantity 100, I get 100 barcodes generated (screen shot attached), for the same part. I can understand why ifs have done this, but I wonder if there is a way to control this, like a system parameter or some other configuration, so that system generates one barcode for a part, ignoring quantity?. Because in my mapping, quantity referred to a length (how many meters in a part)

Anyone has any thoughts or some other experience (without customizations and only by using IFS generated barcodes)?

Thank you,

Roshan

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The number of labels depends on the Pack Size you enter when creating the barcode label report. So if you receive 100 pcs and create labels with Pack Size = 5, 20 labels would be generated. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

The number of labels depends on the Pack Size you enter when creating the barcode label report. So if you receive 100 pcs and create labels with Pack Size = 5, 20 labels would be generated. 

Thank you Bjorn, I am not yet into the full solution, but with this answer one step ahead!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, 

I have a follow-up question to this issue pls. Does anybody know if there is a standard way we can use to clean-up already generated IFS barcodes?. 

Thank you,

Roshan