Solved

How to create a user to use WaDaCo on scanners?

• 26 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

How do we setup an user to access WaDaCo on the scanner? This user doesn’t need access IFS Applications via IEE/Aurena.

I can see WADACO_MOBILE_USER permission set but assigning this role will use up a full license.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 26 March 2021, 21:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I’m pretty sure that is normal even for dedicated scanner device accounts. 

Ours also take up a Full license, and the WADACO_MOBILE_USER permission set description also indicates that it is required for mobile clients.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

A scanner device would use a license but you can buy low level licences from as little as a couple of hundred pounds potentially. You don't need a “full” license. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@GPIE can you elaborate on what you mean by “low level licences”?  IF you mean something like a custom LTU/CTU I guess you could but without that I can’t see how you can avoid a ‘Full’ license usage.  I’d love to know if there is an alternative to what we’re seeing!

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Thank you for your responses.

I read the same note on IFS documentation but I am also hearing a CTU is all that is required for a WaDaCo scanner.

I would still like to know how to setup a WaDaCo user first? Please advise.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

As you see, simply assigning the default WADACO_MOBILE_USER permission set, which *appears* to be the minimum required permission set for WADACO mobile device usage, counts as a Full license use by IFS.  We saw this in App10UPD5 and it is the same in UPD9.

So either:

• WADACO_MOBILE_USER is needed, is defined correctly, and therefore always consumes a Full license
  • WADACO_MOBILE_USER is needed but is defined incorrectly (possible but you’d have to get IFS to fix it and class it as only taking a LTU or CTU)
  • WADACO_MOBILE_USER isn’t really needed, in which case you’d need to grant something else instead that is purely a CTU/LTU permission set, which either exists and we don’t know what it is, or you may need to work with IFS to get/create one specific for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Srikanth ,

Below is a screen shot of an IFS LTU/CTU/ATU Licensing document we were provided when we upgraded from IFS Application 8 to IFS Application 10.   It’s best to contact your account manager to discuss your licensing requirements to rollout a WaDaCo installation.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I just looked back through our comms with IFS during our upgrade from 7 to 10, which included new WaDaCo capabilities. I had forgotten how complex it was! It seems that we eventually negotiated a deal where we effectively bought combined WaDaCo/IFS user licences, and the licences were issued as full but restricted to device use. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@GPIE  @Srikanth The example that @william.klotz posted above shows exactly what I was referring to...  The dedicated WADACO devices do actually consume a full license each.

Happy to have got it figured out!

Nick