Solved

GS1 Example

• 28 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

I'm trying to get GS1 working in WaDaCo, but without succes so far. Does anybody have a good example set-up which might help me. 

What I have done so far, following the help files:

The FNC1 Separator = 29.

Created a GS1-128 barcode for part no KS270722 with LB no LB001. So the value scanned in GS1 is (241)KS270722(10)LB001.

Whatever I try it does not split the barcode into a part no and lot/batch no.

What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by BWood 28 July 2022, 10:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

HI There,

When I do this, the GS1 line is set to Never, never, fixed, Then the following data items are set to Never, Always, Fixed. I also use the FNC1 Separator 93 which means ] 

Therefore your barcode would be 241KS270722]10LB001

I also set the basic data to yes against Validating Barcodes so I know it’s correct :) 

Just a side note but I normally use the AI as 8010 for part number 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Wonderful, going to test this. Thank you very much!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

One additional question, which barcode do you use for this? Is there a specific type or font we have to use?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have only used QR codes, and for testing I generate them on https://www.bcgen.com/qrcode-barcode-creator.html 

For a solution for barcodes, they can be generated via report designer with a font for the barcode e.g. QR font. Alternatively we do have some customers using third parties like Loftware and ID automation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@BWood , if I am using the GS1_Barcode for Part Number, Revision, Lot and Qty, how could I parse all of that correctly if there is no separator?  When I scan the barcode I see the AI numbers in front of each value, i.e. 911917712002103623543039000 but I don’t see a FNC1 Separator.  So how would IFS know which is a part number, rev number, lot number and qty?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I figured out the issue.  The EAN-128 isn’t supported with the native IFS SDK.  After adding the Scandit key, I was able to scan my GS1 barcodes without issue.