Solved

Error when trying to use WaDaCo process

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

Hi,

We have users who report that “An error has occured” when they try to use/open a process from WaDaCo (Aurena Scan It) on a scanner device.

Is this related to permission sets?

Where can we find more about this error? The error message doesn’t tell us much other than including a lot of HTML/CSS.

Is this logged somewhere in the system?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by kwc 16 April 2021, 00:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

This is not a typical error message for Wadaco Scan It, could you please give me some additional information and we will see if it should be reported as a bug:

• Which upd are you on for Apps10?
  • Does it happen for all users?
  • Does it happen for Wadaco in Aurena client or using the Windows app?
  • Which version of the app are you using?
  • Does it happen for all processes? Which ones?

KRgds, Anna

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

This is not a typical error message for Wadaco Scan It, could you please give me some additional information and we will see if it should be reported as a bug:

• Which upd are you on for Apps10?
  • Does it happen for all users?
  • Does it happen for Wadaco in Aurena client or using the Windows app?
  • Which version of the app are you using?
  • Does it happen for all processes? Which ones?

KRgds, Anna

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your answer.

We have tried to collect some answers.

Apps 10 version: IFS 10 Update 8.
Client 10.8.13.0.
Server 10.7.6.0.

It happens for all users.

Not tested in Aurena Client and no errors reported while using the Windows app.

App version: 10.9.1326.0.

Doesn’t happen for all processes. The process name: REGISTER_ARRIVALS

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @infaz , you might beable to assist this as this is related to WADACO - Supply Chain.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Kwc,

Have you tried this in the Aurena application? not in IFS enterprise explorer but in the Aurena client which you access from a web browser. This seems to be broken HTML but not a server-related error though. Might need support intervention via a case. Let me know what happens with the Aurena client.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Kwc,

Have you tried this in the Aurena application? not in IFS enterprise explorer but in the Aurena client which you access from a web browser. This seems to be broken HTML but not a server-related error though. Might need support intervention via a case. Let me know what happens with the Aurena client.

Thank you Infaz. Just tried the process in the Aurena client from the web browser.

I didn’t complete the process as a real case nor data to work on. But was able to select some fields and didn’t see any error messages.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

When the original problem happened, was there any specific error registered on the data capture session head or line if you look in the Data Collection Session page for that specific session?

I’m just curious to see if there was a some issue in the process code which would be visible in the data collection session or if this a pure client or client framework issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

When the original problem happened, was there any specific error registered on the data capture session head or line if you look in the Data Collection Session page for that specific session?

I’m just curious to see if there was a some issue in the process code which would be visible in the data collection session or if this a pure client or client framework issue.

Thank you Dario for your reply. I checked the sessions and couldn’t see any records for this process lately. The last one was from the mid of January. But the error must have happened the end of March.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi again,

I have one question and one suggestion.

What does the configuration look like? I’m most interested in the settings for the first item that the user will enter, in particular is there a an item att he start that has the forced LoV turned on?

I would also like to suggest that you install the latest version of the app available for Apps 10 on the app store (10.11.1342) and see if that helps.

KRgds, Anna

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi again,

Thank you for your replies.

It might be something wrong with the configuration. Initially the users reported that it was problem with one of the processes.

But now it seems that the issue is more complex.

Found this error message on the TouchApps server.

Is this because of some invalid references in the web.config file?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

According to the error, it seems like touch apps can’t connect to the database instance. Do you have customized parameters in your web.config file? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

According to the error, it seems like touch apps can’t connect to the database instance. Do you have customized parameters in your web.config file? 

@Mohamed Infaz , It was wrong hostname/settings in the config file after systems migration.