Solved

Default Location Incorrect

• 21 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Community,

There is a difference between default location given in the Warehouse Data Collection window and the inventory part window default location for a given part. 

Any ideas why?

icon

Best answer by Malmee Amunugama 23 November 2021, 04:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Could you be a bit more specific, which wadaco process are you talking about? Different processes have different handling of locations.

I know we have something in the backlog to give better default location support for some move processes like Move Inventory Part and Move into stock. But as new feedback items for information purpose.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes there is. The inventory part default locations page will allow you to default locations for when you are doing register arrival through the desktop or when there is not a default location set in wadaco. In wadaco, if you set your default location to XXX - it will populate that when you are registering arrival regardless of what is set as the inventory parts 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Usually this issue can be corrected via  bug fix 156150. But this issue also can be raised when the correct order of “Data Collection Configuration” window of the following fields as given below.

1. ORDER_NO
  2. RELEASE_NO
  3. SEQUENCE_NUMBER
  4. BY_PRODUCT_PART_NO
  5. LOT_BATCH_NO

When the data that needs to find location accurately need to be in the top of the order. When this order is missed it cannot find the location correctly.

When you are creating this order please be aware of the order, then you can get location correctly.

Best Regards,

Malmee.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@ruby as you can see from the answers here, you need to be more specific which process you are actually talking about when you say ‘Warehouse Data Collection window’.

@Asturge1 is talking about the Register Arrival process now and changing the configuration setting for location no to a DEFAULT value, at least that what is what I guess he meant.

While @Malmee Amunugama is talking about an issue in the Receive Shop Order By-Product process where they have done a bug fix to get an automatic value for Location No if those items have been scanned/identified before in the configuration.

Since we have location no in the majority of the 50+ processes in ‘Warehouse Data Collection’ you need to be specific which process/processes you are talking about for us to give a good answer.

Badge +1

Usually this issue can be corrected via  bug fix 156150. But this issue also can be raised when the correct order of “Data Collection Configuration” window of the following fields as given below.

1. ORDER_NO
  2. RELEASE_NO
  3. SEQUENCE_NUMBER
  4. BY_PRODUCT_PART_NO
  5. LOT_BATCH_NO

When the data that needs to find location accurately need to be in the top of the order. When this order is missed it cannot find the location correctly.

When you are creating this order please be aware of the order, then you can get location correctly.

Best Regards,

Malmee.

Actually we are getting this issue when the items identified prior to the configuration when I navigate via Warehouse Data Collection screen.
Hope I was able to resolve the ambiguity.
Appreciate all for the insights and I was able to solve the issue.

Thanks, @Malmee Amunugama this, saved me hours!

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
ruby.