Solved

Updating user profiles after migrating from APPS8 to IFS Cloud

• 31 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi All,

We are in the process of migrating from APPS8 to IFS Cloud and I’m having trouble updating a particular user profile so that I can use it to access IFS Cloud. I have chosen one of the simplest users (minimal screens/functions available) which requires minimal modifications.

I have allocated the appropriate, I think, Projections to a Permission set for this user but when I try to log on I get a number of popup windows with errors relating to Profile and Person info.

See below:-

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help resolve my difficulties with logging on to IFS Cloud please?

Cheers,

Neil.

icon

Best answer by Neil Guild 1 September 2022, 14:13

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Neil,

This might not be your issue. But maybe it helps.

If your using SAML authentication. This can happen if the correct SAML login was used however IFS was unable to match it to an IFS User.

This results in an authenticated user with no permissions. If using SAML try enabling the default IDP for this user and testing that way. If it then works the problem is not permissions but linking the IFS user and SAML user.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, @a.hutchings

thanks for your response but I’m still inclined to think that it is a Permissions problem as I have already tried the approach whereby I have granted all projections to a particular Permission Set and allocated that Permission Set to a particular user which is then able to log on with full application availability.

It seems that it is a problem with identifying the correct subset of projections that apply to a particular user. 

Cheers,

Neil.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi All,

I have added two base permission sets, FND_CONNECT and FND_WEBENDUSER_MAIN to the IFS user concerned and that has enabled me to log on to IFSCloud successfully.

So it seems that the answer was simply to add these two permission sets to the user.

Cheers,

Neil.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Neil Guild ,

After update do 22R1, I am having the exact same problem, and I tried your approaches but it didn’t work. I entered the permission set manually from Oracle Database.

Do you have any  others clues?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I don’t know what state your 22R1 system is in or how you’ve handled the migration so far. We used IFS to migrate our APPS8 system to IFS Cloud and our APPS8 users formed the basis for the users in IFS Cloud. Although the structure of the users is very different between APPS8 and IFS Cloud, there are two base permission sets which are necessary for any user to log on in IFS Cloud and they were not present and that is why adding them enabled those users to logon.

Basically, the building blocks for a user are permission sets which have access to a set of screens (known as Projections in IFS Cloud). Users are then granted a Permission set which has access to a set of screens (Projections).

When we started off, we had a ‘Super user’ which had access to all screens and we used this one to identify the names of Projections that were necessary for each user type present in our original APPS8 system.

There is extensive documentation available onlineL-

Users - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Cheers,

Neil.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Morning,

After many days of research and no answer from IFS, I found the problem. We need to add your application owner in prepare.sql file, like this:

DEFINE APPLICATION_OWNER = YOUR APPLICATION OWNER USER.

After that, everything runs without problems.

Thanks,

Gianni 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @gianni.neves ,

You seem to be handling your migration in a different way to us.

Congratulations on finding the answer. I would not have been able to help you to discover that answer!

Cheers,

Neil.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

No worries @Neil Guild,

I am tired to wait after IFS and I decide that if we want to progress on the upgrade, we need to go find the answers. It is much faster than waiting for IFS.

Let me know if you have questions, sometimes we can help.

Thanks,