Solved

Instructions for air-gapped Cloud deployment?

• 24 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

We’re planning to install IFS Cloud using the air-gapped deployment method for security reasons. We’ve been waiting for the air-gapped option to be released which it was in 22R1. However, there is very little information or technical documents describing the process. Where can we find the installation guide and requirements for an air-gapped solution?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ADMCUK 24 August 2022, 16:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi
You can find documentation for how to perform the Air-gapped installation here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/070_remote_deploy/010_installing_fresh_system/030_preparing_server/50_windows_managementserver/#airgap-installation-documentation

There is also training content covering this as part of the IFS Cloud Technician training on the IFS Academy

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Great, that just what we needed. Thank you for your quick reply. I will comment back here after we have gone through the installation process in case we run in to issues that might be things that should be clarified in the documentation. 

BR
/David

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@TRCDAVMOC 

Were you able to install using the air-gap approach?  Any tips/hints?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi
You can find documentation for how to perform the Air-gapped installation here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/070_remote_deploy/010_installing_fresh_system/030_preparing_server/50_windows_managementserver/#airgap-installation-documentation

There is also training content covering this as part of the IFS Cloud Technician training on the IFS Academy

Hi Adam
You mention that there is IFS Academy material on air-gap.  Can you be specific on which course it is in?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@TRCDAVMOC

Hi, 

No we did not managed to do an air gap installation. We spent over six months with both internal technicians and external consultants. And with many tickets to the IFS support as well as several meetings with IFS. We finally gave up, we pretty much ran into to different problems every step of the process even though we followed the documentation precisely. And we felt that neither our partner or IFS could help us, they just didn’t know how to do it eihter. I would seriously re-consider if an air gap installation is needed before you choose that path. 

BR,

David

Badge +2

@TRCDAVMOC

Hi,

I recently managed to complete an air-gapped installation. If you have any questions I can answer.

Best Regards,

Rashith