Solved

IFS Cloud 21R2 remote install Build_Home

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am trying to do an initial install of IFS Cloud (Remote).  The build place has been created but I was expecting to find an initial build home within the build place to use for the install, however there is not one present. I was able to use the new button Recreate Build Home to create a Build Home (after an initial sanity build) but this is situated under the Upgrade Build Home section.

I have reviewed the documentation, but it is not 100% clear if the build home that is available should be used or not.

icon

Best answer by Dilhan Perera 1 February 2022, 06:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @MikeHawthorne 

Many Apologies for late response, I’ve breakdown your concerns as below and please go through each points.

1. Initial Build Home :- In IFS Cloud 21R2 the initial build home is no longer shared in the Build Place environments and Developer Studio now has the capability to do Aurena development without Build Home. 
  2. New button Recreate Build Home : - Earlier(21R1) ‘Recreate Buildhome’ was only granted for customers came as upgrade in the mode of implementation but from R2 recreate Build Home is enabled for all modes of customer implementation.

The buildHome created and placed under “upgrade Buildhome”  was initiated  by using a tested sanity tag of the customer solution repository. Typically this BH can be used when upgrading from cloud versions to latest versions.

Please follow below documentation to learn more about creating BuildHome in R2 and hope you use recreated BH for your development projects.

Tech Documents 

1. 21R1 to 21R2 Differences - https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/047_lifecycle/010_overview/#21r1-to-21r2-differences
  2. Creating Buildhome - https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/047_lifecycle/070_self_service_options/030_creating_buildhome/

Hope above information clear-out your concerns on Build Home and its availability, If so please mark this question thread as resolved, so others will also get benefited from this post :slight_smile:

Best Regards.
Dilhan.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Many thanks for the reply, you are correct in your response.  I was able to use the build home created using the process described in the documentation links in your response for an initial remote install.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Many thanks for the reply, you are correct in your response.  I was able to use the build home created using the process described in the documentation links in your response for an initial remote install.

Thanks for the response & this is good News @MikeHawthorne, I’m honored that my suggestions helped you out. :slight_smile:

Best Regards.

Dilhan