Question

Update Sales Part Characteristics

• 21 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Is there an easy way to update Sales Part Characteristics, I have a sheet to upload that have more than 2500 parts and 140+ characteristics each to figure out which are not already uploaded in the IFS8 and update the Sales Part with latest information.

I have been told to delete everything that already exists in IFS8 and upload everything new from spreadsheet.

any helpful hints?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

This is a tailor made task for a migration job.

But first, you’ll need to do some analysis to extract the characteristics that are already in place and do a comparison to see what to upload. 

The migration job can be set to Insert (create new records) or Update (change existing records).  You will want to find all the items with no characteristics and do them separate from the ones that are already populated.  2500 is not such a large number that can’t be managed with a few upload checks.  You can concatenate the part numbers and check about 1000 per search on an list of part numbers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @ShawnBerk for replying.
would you please share some document on Migration Job, if you have any. I am afraid i am not familiar with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I would start here in the IFS Foundation documentation then, you’ll have a fair bit of learning to go through if you or anyone else in your organization are unfamiliar with this topic.  It is the only way to manage large amounts of data.

[yourIFSinstance]/ifsdoc/f1doc/Foundation1/040_administration/260_data_management/050_data_migration/