Solved

Trying to download the To run IFS Document Management in Microsoft Office you need to install the Document Management Office Add-In.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

We are running IFS 9

I am trying to download the To run IFS Document Management in Microsoft Office you need to install the Document Management Office Add-In. However, I received the following error message:

Name: IFS Document Management Office Add-In
From: https://XXXXXXXXX/client/officeaddins/docmanofficeaddin/Ifs.Application.Docman.OfficeAddinInstaller.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for IFS Document Management Office Add-In or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustPromptKeyInternal(ClickOnceTrustPromptKeyValue promptKeyValue, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName, TrustStatus status)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustUsingPromptKey(Uri manifest, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName, TrustStatus status)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.ProcessSHA2Manifest(ActivationContext context, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, PermissionSet permissionsRequested, Uri manifest, ManifestSignatureInformationCollection signatures, AddInInstallationStatus installState, TrustStatus sha256TrustStatus, X509Certificate2 sha256PublisherCert)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySecurity(ActivationContext context, Uri manifest, AddInInstallationStatus installState)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer

icon

Best answer by ZTC ZTC JGOTA 11 May 2021, 16:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for your help.

I fixed the issue. It was simple. I suppose to install the Add-on in the server and add the URL to the trusted sites

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

I assume you are in a higher than upd version 2. If not there is a patch released for this issue.

Also can you try this in Internet explorer browser. It is mentioned this only works with IE.  Try install Thawte Intermediate certificate in the end user machine as well.

Hope this will helps.

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

It looks like a certificate issue, could you please check whether the relevant certificate used for your Apps 9 application has been saved in your trusted root certificates. You may verify it when you launch the application landing page it will give a security error and shows a lock icon on the address bar if the certificate is not installed properly in your machine.