Solved

Translation of EE client language

• 18 February 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Is it possible to translate text in EE client? Shouldn´t this also be in database like all other translations?

For example, change a text in a EE form from “Create Disposition Data” to another text on NCR form.

icon

Best answer by Savinda Suvimal 18 February 2020, 11:43

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Could you please explain your problem with few screenshots?

/Savinda

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I expect this would be possible….

The question would be, where should such a change take place.

We use multiple languages in our system and have needed to alter some translations to satisfy the requirements of our overseas customer services. Mostly on output documents.

I believe we work around the view IFSAPP.LANGUAGE_TEXT_TRANSLATION. I only know this as we check this view before and after Patch updates, to ensure we do not lose translations we have setup. Looking at this view, I can see there are many sub_types, which include form windows, toolbuttons, pushbutton etc....

I can see there are quite a few database objects around languages. Hopefully someone out there knows how this all fits together, and where such a change should occur.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Here is an example screenshot of what we would like to “translate".

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Yes, this is possible. Just needs to add the translation from below window. But however, just adding the translation doesn’t enough. You need to export some files, then build and have to install as a delivery.

Translation

You may create a ticket for IFS/Partner to get this done for you.

/Savinda

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Is it some file I can export here? Installation of language files I know how to do but then I need to know what file to export.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

→ Choose Export All radio button

→ Select RWC main type

→ Select component QUANCR

→ Select Language 

→ Press Export… button

This will result into .lng and .trs files

/Savinda

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

When trying to do this I only get “Exported 0 files”

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Please find the screenshots below.

Select Export All → RWC 
Select QUANCR
Select languages and press export button
Give a location to save the files and press Ok
Now It should download the files as in this image

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I have done exactly like your screenshots but don´t get any files exported.

I can´t find any data in table LANGUAGE_CONTEXT_TAB with main_type RWC and I also can´t find these files in out build_home folder. But when I look in a full build of upd6 I can find files so I believe that this is never installed in our build.

I will now try to take my files from the upd6 build and install them in our TEST.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

If the files are not in the build-home, then no doubt about the file output. What you are going to do will enter the translation entries to the required tables.

/Savinda

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I imported the RWC-files from another full build_home upd6 and now I can do the translations. Then export the files and build a new installation and run. That would be it :)

Do I need help from IFS Support or partner to make a new build for this or can I also do that on my own?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Its good to hear that the problem is solved. The build-home related to installation must be updated with correct translation file. So, its better you get the help from IFS Support or partner . Because just adding files to the build-home is not enough.

/Savinda