Solved

TOP-N Function in list element

• 26 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi all

I am strugeling with the TOP-N Function. I have a list with the quantity of some product families orderd by the highest quantity. The hole list is also filtered to different sites, where the parts are available. Sometimes there are mor then 10 product families per site. But I want to show only the 10 product families with the highest quantity. In a bar Chart or a pie Chart it’s possible to enable the TOP-N function. I have tried to get the wanted result in PL/SQL. I’ve found two ways to set the TOP-N function correctly in PL/SQL. Both of them won’t work in IFS.

In the first Option i’ve put the hole query in a SUBSELECT and set a filter on the ROWNUM. In the Datasourcedesigner I havn’t a Option, to enter a SUBSELECT over the hole query.

In the second Option i’ve use the FETCH command at the end of the query. But I can’t add this command in IFS.

Are there any other Solutions, to select only the 10 product families with the highest quantity and display the hole result in a list?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 26 November 2020, 23:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Achilles0129 ,

I think your best bet would be to use an IAL for this. You can create your IAL object with option 1 where you have subquery (or a rank query) and use the IAL object in your Data source. All the work is done in the IAL it self so you have much  more flexibility.

Cheers