Thinking about upgrading your system to apps10

• 21 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I am working with some customers who are planning to move from older IFS systems apps7, app8 and app9 and upgrading to the latest and greatest IFS offering apps10.

I am interested in experiences of customers who have either been through this process or are currently in the planning or business case generation.

Please either post back you experiences or reach out to me if you would like to share your experiences privately. tony.johnson@ifsworld.com 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have done some work with 4 established customers that are in the process of upgrading from 7.5, 8 and 9 to apps 10. So far I get more positive feedback than negative. All in the Service/Maintenance areas of IFS.  

1. most love the idea of tasks over work order, although it is difficult understanding the idea of work order not being the center of their work.
  2. Those going from earlier versions love the look and feel of the lobby.
  3. None of my service customers are happy with Service Quote and we have had to come up with different avenues for quoting.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have done some work with 4 established customers that are in the process of upgrading from 7.5, 8 and 9 to apps 10. So far I get more positive feedback than negative. All in the Service/Maintenance areas of IFS.  

1. most love the idea of tasks over work order, although it is difficult understanding the idea of work order not being the center of their work.
  2. Those going from earlier versions love the look and feel of the lobby.
  3. None of my service customers are happy with Service Quote and we have had to come up with different avenues for quoting.

Which industries are these customers from? 
Can tell that we had/have our fair share of challenges with the service and maintenance module in apps10.