Solved

Sending reports via email.

• 9 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

By default when I try send report to email address I receive message as follow:
The archived PDF file for Inventory Count Report report is ready and is attached in this mail.

Customer wants this message in pl language but I can not enforce it.
I checked following:
1. OS locale is pl
2. Solution Manager\Integration\IFS Connect\Setup IFS Connect -> Task Templates: PROCESSING_PRINT_JOB - locale is pl
3. No print agent configured
4. No reporting rule defined for specific report
5. pl translation exist in Fndbas_Java-Core-pl.trs
6. report locale is also pl
7. IntServer1 is restarted

Do I miss something or this is standard feature(or bug)?

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 9 June 2021, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @knepiosko,

This is a bug and it is fixed in IFSAPP10 UPD9 via patch IDs 153975 and 151690.

Global Solution “277376 - Email a report always show it's body and subject in English”

Hope this answers your question. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Charith

It works. Thank You.

But I have little comment: report name is not translated. For example:

“Plik PDF dla raportu Inventory Count Report dla klucza wyniku 19067 jest gotowy.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @knepiosko,

I went through the origin case of these patches and it seems even thought the language files were fixed with these bugs, the actual translations were added to text translations only in UPD9. Ideally this should have been mentioned in patch deployment or dependency information. 

According to R&D, new OUT_MAIL_SUBJECT and OUT_MAIL_TEXT Translation constants have been added to the fndbas_java-core.lng language file from these patches. For the translations of these newly added constants, you would need to deliver the new Fndbas_JAVA-Core-pl.trs file as well along with them. You should be able to see the above two constants in the correct version of the trs file. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi Charith

It works. Thank You.

But I have little comment: report name is not translated. For example:

“Plik PDF dla raportu Inventory Count Report dla klucza wyniku 19067 jest gotowy.”

Hi @knepiosko,

Glad to know you were able to figure it out. Not sure if this this report name issue is a bug though, maybe needs to be reported if you can replicate in a reference environment. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Charith

In Order Report dlg list of reports name is translated. I have requested this issue in case G2267778.