Solved

Search - Keywords is missing

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

When we click on Search we usually see the Keywords at the top of the screen.  For some reason this is now missing.

Where can this be enabled/disabled?

Regards

Joh

icon

Best answer by Himasha Abeywickrama 6 May 2021, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @johnw66,

Is this what you’re looking for?

Search with Keywords does not work in Customer database - APP10 | IFS Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Himasha Kapugeekiyanage Thanks for your reply.

I saw that one but it didn’t say that Keywords was missing from the screen, just that it doesn’t work.

Whereas, the same in our TEST environment has the Keywords box:

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@johnw66 the issue only in search ‘Sales Quotation’ window or is it common in all the search windows?  This is a custom field right? you might need to add it again

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @johnw66,

It seems the  "keywords" field comes when the view associated with the window is connected to a search domain. If the search domain is dropped somehow, the keywords field will not show. Could you please follow the steps in the post below and create the search domain if it’s dropped?

Search with Keywords does not work in Customer database - APP10 | IFS Community

After the search domain is created, please log out of the application and log in again. The Keywords field should now be visible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Himasha Kapugeekiyanage Thank you so much for the confirmation.  I just thought they were different issues.  Tested it on Project Tasks and Keywords returned.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @johnw66,

I just tested this in one of our reference environments. In order for the Keywords to be enabled, you have to find the relevant Search Domain and activate it. After activating the domain, you need to restart the application for the change to take effect. 

If you need proper results from the keyword search, in addition, you have to synchronize the domain as well.