Solved

Report Logo not showing

• 10 September 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

We are running Apps 10, last week we updated from Update 3 to Update 8 in our Test environment.

On testing we have noticed that our company Logo is not displaying anymore and the standard IFS one is, this is on report designer (rdl) type reports only.

I have checked the system parameters and all looks ok against our Live environment, the report layout works fine in our Live enviroment, i have checked that the gif exists on the Server in the correct location. Tried re-importing the layout but nothing seems to work.

Is there anything else i have not thought about or has anyone got any pointers that might help?

Many thanks

Steve

icon

Best answer by Yasas Kasthuriarachchi 10 September 2020, 14:32

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @SteveB,
Hope you are doing good !
Could you please check on the ‘How to add a non-IFS company logo’ (Working with Images) section on IFS Technical Documentation. Hope it will guide you.

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Yasas,

Thanks for the reply, i will go and take a look to see if i can find a solution.

Thanks

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @SteveB,
Incase there is a difficulty with URL navigation please refer the attached document which shall give you direct document.
Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks Yasas i will take a look

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @Yasas_AK 

Badge +1
As of Update 8 all images used in Report Designer layouts are imported into the database.You can manage the images imported into the database by navigating to the Report Images page in the Solution Manager through the Aurena client.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi thanks for the help, this was indeed the fix for this problem!

Importing the logo through the Aurena Client

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@SteveB & @AddArveR,

Even if you don’t use the Aurena client as your preferred front end, do you still import the logo through the Aurena client?  We just had the same thing happen going from Update 4 to Update 9.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, the only way i could get it to import was through the Aurena client.

We as a business never use the Aurena Client so this was quite unusual, but the answer to your question is you have to use the Aurena client.

Badge +1

Thank you so much for sharing such a useful information. I will definitely share this with others.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi, the only way i could get it to import was through the Aurena client.

We as a business never use the Aurena Client so this was quite unusual, but the answer to your question is you have to use the Aurena client.

It is not mandatory to use the Aurena client to import the company logo into your reports. If you have no access to the Aurena client, you can still use the application server reconfiguration option to import the logo file into the database.
1. Copy the complogo.gif file to the repository location <IFSHOME>\repository\server\reports\stdlogo
2. Reconfigure the application server to import above file to the database.
3. Make sure that the "Report Layouts" option which is available under "Import IFS Report items" is selected.