Solved

Printing - First print job each day gets stuck status waiting

• 10 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We are on apps10 and the first print job each day gets stuck status waiting, so does not print.  If the same user prints the same item again, then the print job goes through fine to the printer.

This seems to have been happening since we went live with IFS10.  We are using the new IFS print agent.  I have checked the logs there and the first print job does not show and the first job shown is the next print job that went through OK.  Everything else prints successfully during the day, until the next day when the first print job stays in status waiting.

There is on average about 6 hours between the last print job of the previous day, to the first print on the next day.  We are planning to restart everything this evening to see if this helps, but any ideas what could cause this would be appreciated.  

Thanks

Darren

icon

Best answer by Yasas Kasthuriarachchi 17 June 2021, 15:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I have not seen this issue, so keen to see what responses you get. But out of interest, is your print agent running on the same host as the Application Server? Perhaps the App Server is loosing connection with the Print Agent host?

Hope the bounce of the system resolves your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I have not seen this issue, so keen to see what responses you get. But out of interest, is your print agent running on the same host as the Application Server? Perhaps the App Server is loosing connection with the Print Agent host?

Hope the bounce of the system resolves your issue.

Hi Mike, we have a dedicated print server which is independent of the application server, so you could be onto something.  Hopefully someone can give some insight of what to try next.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @darren j turner
Were you able to resolve this after the restart; if not have you checked the answers provided via following threads;

Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Yasas,

Thank you for this… One of the answers from Chanaka in the Print Job Waiting question has given me a number of things to check.  I have checked all of his points and found errors for the specific print jobs in the J2EE under ifs-alerts. This has pointed to an error message:

Current database user:
    IFSSYS
 Error message:
    ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04061: existing state of package body "IFSAPP.PRINT_JOB_API" has been invalidated
ORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped package body "IFSAPP.PRINT_JOB_API"
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "IFSAPP.PRINT_JOB_API"
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.PRINT_QUEUE_API", line 1658
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.PRINT_QUEUE_API", line 1670
ORA-06512: at line 1

SQL statement:
    BEGIN IFSAPP.PRINT_QUEUE_API.START_JOB (
:1 );
END;
 Bind parameters:
    PrintJobId = 195067.0

The logs show the same error message shows for all of the 1st print jobs that are stuck.

I will document how I found this and report this to IFS Support.

Thanks all for your assistance.

Darren

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

IFS have now provided us with a patch that appears to have resolved this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @darren j turner,
Thanks for updating; could you please provide us with the Patch ID or solution id that you have received or simply the Case ID?
Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

The reference we have is bug id 156423 and our IFS case ID G2269199.

Regards

Darren