Solved

ORA-06511: PL/SQL: cursor already open

• 29 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Since Thursday we have started seeing a number of Oracle Errors in the Database Alert Log. This appears to be when a user queries a screen with an Object Connection to 

DocReferenceObject

If the Attachment pane is open on the users screen the error is show in the foreground, however if it is minimized it logs the error in the background and the user is unaware (fortunately)

Given that it started just last week it would make sense that it is related to a change, new report, event, but i have searched and cannot find anything that might be causing it. I have a ticket open with support but in case others have experienced the same issue or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot.

The following is the contents of the Database Alert Log

--Text2
--sample parameters
--DocReferenceObject
--CustomerOrder
--ORDER_NO=N720488^

BEGIN :1 := IFSAPP.OBJECT_CONNECTION_SYS.GET_CLIENT_HIT_COUNT (
:2 ,
:3 ,
:4 ,
:5 );
END;

--Text1
ORA-06511: PL/SQL: cursor already open
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.OBJECT_CONNECTION_SYS", line 10
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.OBJECT_CONNECTION_SYS", line 304
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 2622
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 2644
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.DOC_REFERENCE_OBJECT_API", line 4954
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.DOC_REFERENCE_OBJECT_API", line 5079
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.DOC_REFERENCE_OBJECT_API", line 5092
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.OBJECT_CONNECTION_SYS", line 761
ORA-06512: at line 1

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Anders Blom 30 June 2020, 04:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

From the stack trace it looks like it might have something to do with Application Base Setup > System Setup > Object Connection Transformations. Have any transformations been added recently? Look e.g. for System Defined: not checked. Maybe there’s a circular reference or something like that. Which applications version and update is it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Anders Blom . Thanks for the info.  I have checked the Object Connection Transformations, no custom entries and the last modified dates tally with the last update we applied (back in May which was IFS9 Update 16)

However, looking at the Target LUs these appear to be the screens where we are seeing errors. CustomerOrderLine, PurchaseReceipt for example.
I will deactivate the Transformations related to these screens and monitor to see if the errors stop.

Thanks again

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Anders Blom  - I deactivated all of the Object Connection Transformations this morning and the error hasn’t appeared since. I will still need to reactivate selectively and understand whether there is a particular one that is causing the issue, but it is great this this has put a stop to the errors for now.

Thanks again for your help

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Harley  _ We just started getting this error today, Updated to UPD18 in January. Were you able to identify the cause? We also have no custom transforms and don’t understand why it started today.