Solved

NON Logo Images for Order Reports

• 20 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, 

I am new to IFS Report Designer. I read the documentation for the images for Order Reports and it is relatively confusing for me. 

For instance I am trying to add a NON logo image to the Order Report LASER_PRINT_CHECK_REP. I do not know where to upload images in IFS for my image to print at runtime. The current image path for the logo is /tns:LASER_PRINT_CHECK_REP_REQUEST/tns:LASER_PRINT_CHECK_REP_ARCHIVE_VARIABLES/tns:VARIABLE[tns:NAME='rhSysLogo']/tns:VALUE

But I have no idea where or how to find where that image is stored. 

Is the only way to add images for reports through the Aurena client or is there another way? Can you add via a normal file path like “E:\\folder/folder/image.gif”? 

I’m not sure why I find this so confusing but adding an image seems to be very confusing from the documentation for me. 

Thanks for all the help, 

Eli Williams

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 21 July 2021, 09:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Eli,

Please refer the below community post.

Best Regards,

Oshada

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

You can import the image from “Report Images” page. Add the image to the “Logo” section (“Logo Tab”) for default logos and logos pointed by rhSysLogo archive variable.

Also, you can import the images through the IFS installer. If you have the particular image in the IFS_HOME/ BUILD_HOME then the images will be imported to the database when you import the layouts through the installer.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello @ChanakaAmarasekara and @Oshada Samarasinghe 

@ChanakaAmarasekara Is that page available in the IEE? I do not have access to the Aurena client. 

What I am asking essentially is how to I use an image that is NOT a logo for an order report without having access to the Aurena client as I have now learned I do not have access to that. 

Hi Eli,

Please refer the below community post.

Best Regards,

Oshada

Thank you for your help however, I am not asking about a logo image. I have already replaced all logo default images for my order reports using the company function inside of IEE and not the Aurena client. 

Thanks, 

Eli Williams

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Have a look at the following link.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/default.htm?openpage=https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/026_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/080_dev_crep/005_cr_as_quickreport/020_cr_wb_init/default.htm

Basically, you can import the image through the Aurena Client page Report Images ->Images section.

If you don’t have the Aurena Client, then you have two options.

1. Include the images in to your <IFS_HOME>\repository\server\reports\images\<MODULE>\<REPORT_ID> folder and then do a reconfiguration of the application server and tick the import layouts checkbox to import the images in to the database. This will add your new images to the database and they will be fetched from there. Add the same to the <BUILD_HOME> as well.
  2. Alternatively, if you can’t run the installer, then copy the <MODULE>\<REPORT_ID\images* structure to the disk location that is pointed by the  “Fallback image path...” system parameter. Here you need to copy the structure inside the “report_designer_graphics” folder inside the “Fallback path”. This will make the images taken from disk as fallback rather than taking it from database.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara,

Thanks for the thorough answer. This helps a lot!

Eli Williams