Solved

Making a field Mandatory

• 19 February 2020
  • 11 replies

Badge +3

Hi 

In Project Management Demand TAB , How can I make the FUNCTIONAL AREA and QA Class a mandatory field before the users can save?

icon

Best answer by VivekBhandiwad 20 February 2020, 06:07

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi 

In Project Management Demand TAB , How can I make the FUNCTIONAL AREA and QA Class a mandatory field before the users can save?

I’m not familiar with these particular fields, but generally you can use the properties and set the fields to mandatory. Save the change in the base profile(s).

Another option is to create a custom event that checks that these fields have a value before you are allowed to save. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @DAVIDO,

You may use conditional fields to achieve this. Please refer the attachment on Conditional Fields.

Best Regards,
Binura.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

In a form RMB → Properties → select Mandatory tab → select fields to mandatory

In a table RMB → Properties → select Mandatory tab → select fields to mandatory

if this setting needs to be assign for many users, then save them to relevant base profile and assign to users

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

When rolling out such changes, you can use “Copy Values to Profiles...” so as not to overwrite user customisation:

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear Davido

If it is only for yourself as a user, you set this up with your personal profile, whereas if it is for multiple users , then you set this up using a Base Profile.

Under Options, Go to User Profile .  Choose Base Profile ( for impacting multiple users) and Personal Profile ( if it is just one user ). Note: Each user is by default connected to his personal profile.  A base profile can be linked additionally, thus setting up common system behavior across multiple users.

I assume , your need is a Base profile . 

Click on Edit Base profiles and select the base profile .  Now go to the screen where you would like to make Fields Mandatory ( header, detail , etc etc) . Right click, and Go to Properties ( usually at the bottom ) and then Select the fields to be made mandatory ( use the tab Mandatory fields )

Once the properties are set, remember to come back to this above screen Options. Check the profile name which is being edited  , and Save Profile. 

Once the users have logged back in, they will see the updated Mandatory fields reflected .

Badge +3

Hi 

Thank you so much for your response

The field has been made Mandatory but it does not allow for a drill-down or manual entry of a data

What can I do to make it a drill-down or enter data manually?

Badge +3

When rolling out such changes, you can use “Copy Values to Profiles...” so as not to overwrite user customisation:

Hi 

The field has been made Mandatory but it does not allow for a drill-down or manual entry of a data

Badge +3

Hi,

In a form RMB → Properties → select Mandatory tab → select fields to mandatory

In a table RMB → Properties → select Mandatory tab → select fields to mandatory

if this setting needs to be assign for many users, then save them to relevant base profile and assign to users

Hi 

Badge +3

Hi 

I’m not familiar with these particular fields, but generally you can use the properties and set the fields to mandatory. Save the change in the base profile(s).

Another option is to create a custom event that checks that these fields have a value before you are allowed to save. 

Hi 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Davido

Please share a screenshot of IFS where you are facing this issue.  We will need to check the specific fields and tabs. 

• Which version of IFS is this?
  • Before making it mandatory, does the system allow you to choose from LOVs for this field?  Meaning , is this a data entry field OR a fetched field . Only if they can be optionally entered today, then it can be made as mandatory for all, so that users do not miss on making the data entry.
  • If the fields are based on a any other functionality/ configuration of dependent data setup, etc, then this is not a base profile work, but consulting work , to check the dependencies of solutions and then enable the solution

Regards

Vivek

Badge +3

Hi Davido

Please share a screenshot of IFS where you are facing this issue.  We will need to check the specific fields and tabs. 

• Which version of IFS is this?
  • Before making it mandatory, does the system allow you to choose from LOVs for this field?  Meaning , is this a data entry field OR a fetched field . Only if they can be optionally entered today, then it can be made as mandatory for all, so that users do not miss on making the data entry.
  • If the fields are based on a any other functionality/ configuration of dependent data setup, etc, then this is not a base profile work, but consulting work , to check the dependencies of solutions and then enable the solution

Regards

Vivek

Hi 

Thank you for your support

1. I am using IFS APPS 9
  1. The field get populated when I do RMB and select data from the drill down (Seee Screen 1 and 2 in red  below)

1. The Transaction is taken place in Project Management DEMAND TAB as shown below