Solved

lost privileges after creating custom field

• 22 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

Users lost privileges after we created custom fields, is there anything else I should do? #IFS9

Please help.

regards,

Hari

icon

Best answer by Shardha Weeratunga 22 July 2021, 10:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @proharikg 

Could you please come up with more specific information regarding your issue, like, actions follows when creating a custom fields, what permission were lost, etc.

/Shardha

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

As per my knowledge there is no connection between the privileges had and new custom fields. Can you please elaborate more on what has happened?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

If your user does not have privileges' to the custom field that you created, just click on the Presentation Object link(appeared in blue color) in the custom field window, → Presentation Object→ RMB Manage Grants→ Presentation Object Grants, tab Users. Check your user is listed here.

/Shardha

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Shardha Weeratunga @Chamika Dilhani we faced something similar recently. We installed MWO and after that some of the columns used in a Custom page in IFS got hidden again. We manually moved the columns to visible side. 

Is this also not related to mwo installation, do you think?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @proharikg 

Could you please come up with more specific information regarding your issue, like, actions follows when creating a custom fields, what permission were lost, etc.

/Shardha

Hi Shardha,

It has resolved now, No idea what had happened.. the CFV lost its permission after creating custom field. 

I have given access to CFV again through new permission set window

Thanks and regards,

Hari

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @proharikg 

/Shardha

Hi,

As per my knowledge there is no connection between the privileges had and new custom fields. Can you please elaborate more on what has happened?

Hi,

It has resolved now, No idea what had happened.. the CFV lost its permission after creating custom field. 

I have given access to CFV again through new permission set window

Thanks and regards,

Hari

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

If you publish a new field on a LU that already has one, then what happens is the database objects are dropped and recreated.  You will loose any role settings for the existing custom fields in this LU.If you synchronize instead of publish then this will not happen because the system will then do a create or replace instead of a drop and create.