Question

Lobby Links list element

• 27 February 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello,

I try to create a very simple links list element Customer Order.

But the count is not displayed as in the existing IFS Background jobs element .

I have compared both DS and elements and it should be very, very easy. I can’t figure out what’s missing...

Thanks!!

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You would need to add a count to your data source I.e. count(order_no) and group by state

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

But there is no count in the Background job DS screenshot above and it works!! Just a simple list!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If this was just a counter then you could use the list and select the field you wish to count,/sum in the element.  However as a list if there is now count/ sum etc where will the total number of delivered lines come from.  If this was a IAL quick report or view then maybe a count could have been created there.  If you wish to display the total number of delivered lines then you would need to the count in your data source to be able to display it in your list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You can try element designer settings as below. Then the query will be

select COUNT(Order_no) AS COUNTORDER_NO_ALS from &AO.Customer_order where objstate IN ('Delivered') 

You can compare this with the one you have for the DEFERRED_JOB

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I understand that. But it is not a counter element I want to create but a Links list which has a counter it in for every line. The Background Jobs screenshot above is a Links list.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

See what I have now. I suddenly have a counter for the first line but not the second.

Compare my 2 DS. From the same view but different condition. !!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

See what I have now. I suddenly have a counter for the first line but not the second.

Compare my 2 DS. From the same view but different condition. !!!!

Could you please share your element designer?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

My Element Designer for the Links List :

And the customer_order ‘planned’ number should be 30 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Well! I have no clue what happened. I added a third line with the same view but different condition and I have all the numbers. Which means that no count is required in the DS to show the numbers.

And probably why when you select THIS element type in the designer, there is number. The count is a feature that is part of this element. … I am going to delete everything and start over again.

Thanks all….

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@mauger what version of IFS are you on and what update version, thanks  John

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

IFS 10 upd 9

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@mauger ,

I think there’s small glitch when we initially create it sometimes. Even I had an issue where the count didn't show up for first link. Not quite sure what’s the issue. (if it comes again try removing that link and adding it again)

It only occurred to me once and when I created a new element it worked fine.

Regards,

Nadeesha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@mauger  I am on apps 10 upd 8.  

Firstly, let me apologize for misunderstanding, I hadn’t actually  used the Linked list and therefore got my wires crossed, apologies.  

I had lists that I created that included navigations lists and in these type I would create the count field when necessary..

I have just created using the Linked Lists and only had problems where I either hadn’t added the data source .

What I mean by that is I had a data source for customer_orders_planned then added a link in the Linked List called Planned.

Next added a link for Picked selected customer_orders_planned as the data source, 

My lobby element displayed Picked but no number.

Double-clicked on the Data Source, duplicated it and called the duplication customer_orders_picked and amended the filter so that state = ‘Picked’. Then saved the data source.

Once this new data source was linked the the Linked List for Picked, the number appears.

Otherwise I had no problems all ended up correct.

Have a good weekend.

John

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Just a thought, than having many datasources (one for each state), we get the same result with a single datasource which counts items for each state and a List element. Any reason why you need a Links element here?

Best regards

/Rajith De Silva

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’ve been stucked with the same issue for a while, is there any fix for it other than creating new data sources and trying again to make it work eventually?

Seems like a bug.

IFS 10.6.10.0

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I have found a solution that seems to work every time. I add a count(column) in the column section and the type has to be TEXT. If I select type as Number, it works sometimes and sometimes it dont. Since it doesnt matter that it is text for the use of the lobby element, i just have to remember to set it to type TEXT.

Hope it helps someone with the same problem!