Question

Lobby in Aurena and "fetch next :MAXROWS rows only" condition

• 14 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

I have one lobby with aggregation data. It works fine on IEE but Aurena shows wrong values. It looks like number of returned rows is limited. From db debug query ends up with "fetch next :MAXROWS rows only" condition during refreshing data. What is the value of :MAXROWS bind variable?

I know that debug limit number of rows to 100 first record but in normal working it should not be limited.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @knepiosko,

From what I have seen in lobbies, it is true that “FETCH NEXT 100" is added to the query when you debug, and the main reason behind this is to avoid performance issues. Most of the lobby element types are designed to provide a high-level overview of the data, hence won’t show the full set of a huge data pile.
This limitation has been intentionally actioned as this will avoid the rendering issues in using lobbies. 

As a suggestion, you can use list elements to display huge data sets.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!

Novishan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Thank You Novishan Dissanayake

But I still do not know the value of :MAXROWS in non-debug activities.How can I identify whether all needed rows were fetched in Aurena?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

What is the element type and data sourceyou have used? Where do you aggregate? at the data source or at the element?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Wyomi Ranasinghe

I attached exapmle.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

This is standard bug and correction will be done in UPD13

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Do you know the bug id?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @gope 

I do not know the number of bug. I suppose correction was done in Aurena Binary patch.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Ok, what about App10 IEE client it has the same sad behaviour I think

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @gope 

IEE works well all the time.