Question

Invoice Scanning XML - IFS connect File Reader

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

My business has new invoice scanning software that scrapes data to xml format. I was hoping someone could help out with identifying if it was possible to automatically create supplier invoice entries via IFS connect and the file reader. If so could a little mini guide of all the components required be provided?

Thanks, Colin

Apps 9

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Colin,

You can refer to exiting routing rules in IFS Application and get an idea about a way forward. Further, you can get good insight from IFS Documentation.

Best Regards,

Savinda

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @cwright ,

This link might further assist you. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/240_integration/060_connect/default.htm

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @cwright 

Here is the xml file we use.

Also, need to add row to supplier/message setup with media code e-invoice.

Regards,

Kevin

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @TKUKGILESTK ,

I used your XML file (of course changing all the information).
The invoice is created! but if I open the .PDF file, I have an error opening it with my browser (Failed to load PDF document.).

Do you have a solution ? Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @TheoB 

Did you base 64 encode the invoice pdf/jpg file?

If you need to test, use this link to convert the file to base64 and paste the generated base64 into the attachments element. Then import again.

File to Base64 | Base64 Encode | Base64 Converter | Base64

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @TKUKGILESTK ,

Thank you for your answer.

Can I add directly attached a file and not the base 64 file?

Thanks !

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @TheoB 

No, the binary data would at some point contain an xml special character (<,>) that would invalidate the xml document and then it would no longer be possible to parse the document. Base64 does not contain any of these characters. 

Regards,

Kevin

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Can someone help point me to the documentation for all the XML nodes that can be used?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

There is a zip file attached to this help page. I have attached it here also.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you for getting me pointed into the correct direction:

For anyone looking, direct link to the above guide:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/240_integration/330_ifs_applications_business_components/022_Configure_Receiving_e-Invoices/default.htm