Solved

Intserver1

• 14 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

We have a problem with disk space on our middleware server and i have tracked it down to the following files

These are being created at midnight every night and are currently 17gb in size each

I have a few questions:

1. What are these files doing\storing?
  2. How can i amend or restrict their size?
  3. Is it safe to just delete them? 

This has only just started recently within the last 2 weeks, i cant think of any changes we have made apart from upgrade Oracle to 19c.

icon

Best answer by Banu Liyanapathirana 14 January 2021, 14:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

HI @SteveB ,

1. These logs store the standard output information of your integration server.
  2. You can configure these logging properties from “IFS middleware server admin console”

As you can see in above image, you can change the standard out severity level. Also, you can redirect std out to the server logs. Higher severity level will create more log entries.

1.  Yes it is safe to delete these logs. But please open it on a text editor and see what’s inside, It is better to review these logs before you delete it. 

Hope this will help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Banu,

Thanks for the information, our logging is the same as in your image which i believe is the default.

I cannot understand why the files are huge at 17gb in size everyday and I cannot read any as they are so big!

Thanks

Steve    

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @SteveB ,

Yes, that is default settings. 

Can you log an IFS case for this. Our technology team can analyze the logs.

Meantime, remove the old logs in the server to prevent server crashes.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

ok i will raise a case thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

Before i raised a case i managed to open and read one of the logs and the issue was stuck application messages, there were 2 messages stuck in a state of “Processing”

I shutdown and restarted the middleware and the messages have been processed correctly, the log file is now back to normal!

Thanks for your help!

Steve