Question

INSERT_BY_METHOD_NEW Migration Job Error

• 21 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Seemingly simple migration job to insert pricelist lines into the SfPP Pricelist tab.

Using the Insert Procedure, expecting new rows to be created, but no matter how the job details are arranged, keep getting an error that the SfPP record doesn’t exist when clearly the SfPP does and the pricelist row does not which is why I’m trying to insert it.  Not sure if there is something simple I’m overlooking or there is a deeper issue.

Migration Job

Migration Job Insert Row

Single Row file to test

510,122888-2A,113.3,12984,1,2,USD

Error

Insert failed​​​​​​

S f P P

Supplier for Purchase Part

No rules are set on the migration job, no custom fields on the table.  What am I missing?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Badge +2

By the looks of the information provided so far, it looks like a Datasetup issue for supplier 12984.

As @Wimali Athulathmudali suggested, a deeper investigation on code level would reveal much more information.

Cheers!

/Sony

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Thank you @Wimali Athulathmudali for the suggestions.  I’ll have to wait for this weekend to copy PROD to QA.  I’ve been doing the work in PROD to this point, but don’t want to unpublish or make other changes in PROD while troubleshooting.

Regards,

Shawn

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ShawnBerk ,

I think this should be investigated to understand how these values get fetched during the insertion.

But if you want to verify the cause just unpublish the information card and see whether issue gets solved.
Other thing you can check is the integrations.
Sorry for being unable to give a solid answer for your question

Thanks & Best Regards,

Wimali

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi @Wimali Athulathmudali 

It does seem the info card picks up the Valid From date on the addition as the Last Transacted date.  I entered the info manually again while monitoring in Debug.  It shows the transaction date as now, when the item being updated hasn’t been transacted for quite some time.

This statement comes a couple of lines before the info card update, which must be where the date is coming from on the Date Created

Shawn

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ShawnBerk,

Shall we check the information card as well? 

Thanks & Best Regards,

Wimali

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi @Wimali Athulathmudali 

There are no custom events enabled for the SfPP Pricelist tab, there is an update that runs for an info card on the SfPP.  There is an event that runs on the main price on the general tab to check if the item is intersite supplied so it can retrieve the price from the supply site.  But nothing that should affect the pricelist tab. I did check the Debug list on a manual add of the price just to see if anything else was occurring, that is all I noticed was the refresh of the info card.

Shawn

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ShawnBerk ,

Please check whether there are any custom events enabled for SfPP Pricelist tab.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Wimali