Solved

IFSWEBCONFIG Password Change

• 30 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi All

We are running: IFS v9 (update16)

I have been changing all of our Internal System passwords.

The last account that I am unsure of is IFSWEBCONFIG. Although there is no option to change the password in the installer as per the other Internal passwords (IFSPRINT, IFSCONNECT, IFSSYS, IFSPLSQLAP, IFSADMIN), the IFSWEBCONFIG password does appear encrypted in the configuration.xml log with the others?

I was hoping that this password could just be changed at the backend, but seeing it in here makes me think perhaps it would require a reconfigure? Is this encrypted password used elsewhere?

Any experiences or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

icon

Best answer by Jagath Kandambi 31 July 2021, 08:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

You don’t have to enter IFSWEBCONFIG user password during the installation or reconfiguration processes in APP V9.
The existing entry could be kept intact in the configuration.xml and that is holding a default value that is not changed during the above processes. 

Still the IFS Web Client is using IFSWEBCONFIG user account. But password is not required as no authentication is performed using this user account.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

You don’t have to enter IFSWEBCONFIG user password during the installation or reconfiguration processes in APP V9.
The existing entry could be kept intact in the configuration.xml and that is holding a default value that is not changed during the above processes. 

Still the IFS Web Client is using IFSWEBCONFIG user account. But password is not required as no authentication is performed using this user account.

Thanks for your feedback Jagath.

Do you have experience of the affect of changing the IFSWEBCONFIG password in apps 9? I assume it has to be changed at the database level? Where does that then needs to be updated in the IFS system?