Question

IFS Avalara Error

• 25 September 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello Guys,

We have avalara integrated with IFS to do the sales tax calculation. Customer order screen gets freezed for some time and after that it shows following error. Please find the attachment. 

Do you know what can we do on back end to get it resolved ?

12 replies

Badge +2

We are having the same issue but it has brought our order entry to it’s knees.  IFS sends out requests for tax but the responses are coming back intermittently.  Created a case with Avalara and they have not been able to resolve our issue yet.  They did indicate that the URL’s we are using in Routing Addresses for the tax integration in IFS are incorrect.  The addresses we are using are the same that we have used for the past 18 months.  I believe something on Avalara’s end may have changed to cause this issue.  Could you let me know which URL’s you are using for Avalara Send Tax Request, Avalara Validate Address Request, and CAvalara Send Tax Request?  John

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi John,

Did you try restarting middleware server or expanding tool ? Please find the web address below.

Would you like to connect sometime this week to discuss this issue ?  Let me know.

Thank you.

Badge +2

Rajan,

Thank you for the response and the information on the routing addresses.  I did not realize that the Avalara Authorize Request existed.  That was still directed to development on our end so I changed it but I don’t think that will fix the issue.  We did try to restart the middleware server.  Not sure what you mean by “Expanding Tool”?  Can you elaborate.  Also it seems that IFS sees that an issue exists on Avalara’s end.  I will post the details for you when I get them.

Thank you,

John

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We are also having this issue and went live with Avalara in June. We are using the correct URLs and have restarted our servers. The trace shows our requests going out but not always coming back. This has occurred starting Thursday 9/23 through today, generally mid-morning. We also have a ticket open with avalara

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi John,

We tried restarting the middleware server but didn't get any progress on it.  We escalated the case with IFS but I agree with you they will blame Avalara for this problem. Avalara is not responding to our request.  Sorry I misspelled I wanted to say “Expanding Pool” means we can increase IFS’s capability  to conduct more actions at the same time. We have no progress but. Let me know if you have any improvement.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi ghljphillips,

We do have same issues with avalara. Please keep us posting here if you see any improvement.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi John and ghljphillips,

Please connect with IFS. They are sending some patch to fix this issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you. I have opened a support ticket with IFS for this.

Badge +1

Hi

If anyone else is reading this and is having intermittent time-out issues with their integration to Avalara, please create a case with IFS Support and have the case routed to me, Karina Lyngborg. As John mentions above, we do have a solution in place now to compensate for the changes made by Avalara Wednesday (9/23) evening.  

Kind regards,

Karina Lyngborg

IFS Established Services Project Manager

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@KarinaL,

Was the fix created for the this Avalara issue rolled into a UPD or do we still need to reach out to IFS to get the fix?

Thanks,

Matt

Badge +1

Hi Matt

The fix was done only for APP9 installations and it was only a temporary fix as not all APP9 customers were affected by it. Avalara was rolling out a big change to their tax calculation engine when this happened which was believed to have caused to timeouts. Avalara has fixed the issues and we have not experienced the time out issue since. 

Do you have an installation that is timing out at this time? If yes, what version of IFS are you running?

Thanks,

Karina

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@KarinaL ,

We are going to implement this on an Apps 10 Race environment first and then for a customer on Apps 10. We saw this post about the issue/fix and wanted to validate before we implemented anything.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. 

Thank you,

Matt