Solved

IFS Apps 9 logon caching

• 20 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

In IFS Apps 9, how does IFS runtime client store “caching” the username and password that is used on the IFS login screen?  

Our client is running into an issue where no matter if they tell it to save the password it keeps changing what user is logging in. Only exception is IFS is launched through a shared ClickOnce  (ifs.fnd.runtime) application using RDS, not via URL.

Other option is to figure out a way to suppress or grey out the Extended logon options:

Please advise.

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 20 February 2020, 13:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Srikanth,

Try removing the following files from the client computer. 

•  
  • developer_settings.txt
  • login_settings.txt
  • UserExperience_Settings.txt 

The files are usually found inside C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage\<someRandomStringNames>

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Username and some of the other settings are stored in windowa IsolatedStorage for user. <user.dir>/AppData/Local/IsolatedStorage.

Inside this folder, search for *.txt files and you should find several files. One of them stores username and few other settings. You cannot modify ot but can delete the whole file.

I don't this there is a standard way to grayout extensibility options. but of the user has not selected the options, normally it is hidden. So clearing IsolatedStorage should get you this as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

When we get client issues, our first port of call is to delete the contents of C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

My user has security ‘Full Control’ on this folder, could it be your client does not have this? Note that ‘AppData’ is a hidden folder.

I have not seen this issue before. Sorry i cannot help more.

Mike