IFS Applications 9 support

• 31 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

H

On IFS Partner portal we got following information regarding IFS Applications 9 support end time and restritrions.
https://partner.ifs.com/whats-new/important-bulletins/
On article "IFS Applications 9 Support Ends March 27, 2020" is sentence:
"...IFS partners are not permitted to merge/deliver any patch or update to an IFS Applications 9 Restricted Support customer where the issue was first reported after 27th March 2020 or the update was released after this date"

I have got many example that isssue is reported before 27.03 and patch was released after 27.03. In that case regarding above sentence I can not apply patch. Am I right?
It is a bit strange becase we have still opened case for IFS Applications and waiting for patches.

Piotr

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I believe the key is in this phrase “Restricted Support customer”.  You should determine whether the customer is a current Extended Support customer then I believe that continuing to merge patches or problem fixes should be ok.  According to the IFS Roadmap, the Restiction for version 9 shouldn’t come into effect until March 27, 2023 if I’ve read it correctly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I believe the key is in this phrase “Restricted Support customer”.  You should determine whether the customer is a current Extended Support customer then I believe that continuing to merge patches or problem fixes should be ok.  According to the IFS Roadmap, the Restiction for version 9 shouldn’t come into effect until March 27, 2023 if I’ve read it correctly.

Hi ShawnBerk

Lets suppose You bought insurance and You got accident 2 weeks before ending…

Regards

Piotr