Solved

How to use Dynamic component dependency if the component I am depending on is customized and is not installed?

• 8 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is there any way to use dynamic component dependency if the component I am depending on is customized component and it is not installed.

If the dependent component is customized and not installed then there would not be any component_<modulename>_sys package.

In this case what needs to be done?

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 8 January 2021, 08:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Envdebjyb,

You may use the following method as an alternative,

We normally use Module_API.Create_And_Set_Version to register a customized component.
Hence, we could use Module_API.Exists to check if the component has been registered in the current instance.

However, I'm not sure if this would be able to bypass the "No dependency found" warning in the developer studio.
You can read more about this on Developer Studio No Dependency Found Error thread.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Do I get it right that you are doing a customization and have a dependency to another one?

Why is not the other customization installed? Why not install the other customization first?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Do I get it right that you are doing a customization and have a dependency to another one?

Why is not the other customization installed? Why not install the other customization first?

The reason being whatever customization we are doing will not always be required by all customers.

Les give the example I am facing:

In India, Government stores Superannuation in some Funds known as Trust, the entire accounting portion for those Trust fund is built in customized module known as Trust Accounting, which depends on customized Payroll module to work.

Now customized payroll is standalone but has some fields which use some exist method of Trust accounting module.
It could have been deployed properly if the module was installed, but if it is not installed, I at least need the component_truacc_sys package to get installed with FALSE value and this is not happening.

This was my issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

In that case you need to create a dynamic dependency from payroll to your new module (In deploy.ini for payroll module). Then you will get a package created by the installer.