Question

How to know the IFS user password in Apps9

• 14 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

HI all,

I forget of my ifs user password and without of this am never stop and start the application.

Please suggest how can i know the password.

Regards

Pankaj

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Pankaj

I guess You just have to ask for a password reset to your system administrator. Because After 11g Oracle DB does not store clear passwords and it keeps them hashed. If you forgot your password it must be changed.

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi servetsc,

Thanks For reply, but IFS user is not shown in our database and application level.

We are only create that user on creating of our new application, this is admin user as shown in below image:

please help me how can i change or know the password of ifs & ifsmon.

Regards

Pankaj

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi pankaj,

Can you try to change the passwords on Oracle User screen in APP9? I mean Maybe Password of  ifsmon?

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Pankaj

This issue has been raised recently. IFS and IFSMON are not Oracle users, so you cannot change the password in the usual way via ‘Oracle User Management’.

My suggestion would be to run a reconfigure on the Application, and change the password on the cluster member configuration page, by clicking the little button next to the user field. Provided you leave all other settings as they are, you should not adversely affect the system. This should of course only be run outside of working hours so not to affect users.

Best regards

Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response, But it is not work.

Because in reconfigure the application, it will authenticate the previous password, if I am put on the different password it shows an  error.

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Wow, ok, that is not how I expected it to work. I ran this in our test environment and got the same issue as you. I have sent you a private message regarding this issue.

Cheers

Mike