Question

how to fix "Index Not Found" error during development in IFS Developer Studio?

• 18 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

When I try to generate code by a model file, IDS post a error like this. I can see there is message “Index not found” with my Build Home(10 UPD6). Could you please tell me how to fix this?  Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Normally the build home should include a file named build_home_index.zip. This file is generated automatically by the create_project_root.cmd script inside autobuilder scripts. If you don't have autobuilder setup for this build home you need to find a sample create_project_root.cmd file and execute it in your environment. if it is already available, you can run it and get the index file created. I don't know any way that developer studio can do this task but if there is such feature, that will be perfect.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Normally the build home should include a file named build_home_index.zip. This file is generated automatically by the create_project_root.cmd script inside autobuilder scripts. If you don't have autobuilder setup for this build home you need to find a sample create_project_root.cmd file and execute it in your environment. if it is already available, you can run it and get the index file created. I don't know any way that developer studio can do this task but if there is such feature, that will be perfect.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Rusiru , 

This is a really helpful piece of information! in case if the script is not available under auto-builder scripts(If the auto-builder is not configured ), it can be found inside  <Instance_Name>\build_home\source folder. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Rusiru, @KasunBalasooriya Thanks a lot for both you two! Yes, we don’t use autobuilder. Now I know how to fix this. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi 

@Rusiru@KasunBalasooriya - Am not able to find the sample  create_project_root.cmd file  it in your environment. and also not able to find the  <Instance_Name>\build_home\source folder in our environment.

Need your support to fix the below issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@TatKhandM Is your buildhome has all the files as expected? 

Normally it should exist in below location - fndbas/source