Question

How to enable the job type in create new application server task

• 3 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We need to create new application server task. But the “Job type” is disabled in the "Create new Application server Task" window. Can someone please help us to activate the job type.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We need to create new application server task. But the “Job type” is disabled in the "Create new Application server Task" window. Can someone please help us to activate the job type.

Please note this is for an IFSAPP9 environment.
F1 docs mentions below.

Job Type:
3 types of jobs are supported.

• Connectivity
    This type of application server task is used for handling Base Server Connectivity outbox operations. These are always in state suspended. These application server tasks are templates for creating new application messages when new Connectivity messages are received. The new created application messages are processed directly by the Batch Processor.
  • PrintAgent
    Print job processing operations are handled using PrintAgent type tasks. These are always in state suspended. These application server tasks are templates for creating new application messages when new Print jobs are created. The new created application messages are processed directly by the Batch Processor.
  • Other
    Any other application server task which doesn't belong to the above 2 are specified as this type.
    e.g. default message archiving job is of type Other.

Job Type:

Only jobs of type Other can be created by pressing the New button. Because types PrintAgent and Connectivity serve only as templates, new templates can only be created by duplicating the existing ones.

Just checking whether there is an alternate solution.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I thought that it will be helpful if I further explain what is the requirement.
We have needed to download a quick report in IFS as an excel file. Then we need it to be scheduled to send it to top-level management as an email attachment automatically through the IFS. Users find it difficult to download and send it manually each morning.
If there is a solution or another way to get this done, please let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Chathura Karunarathna,

Follow these steps to create the Application Server Task.

1. Go to “Application Server Tasks” window under Solution Manager → Integration, which will bring you to a table window.
  2. There, click on the ‘+’ button to add a new task, which will bring you to “Create New Application Server Task” window.
  3. Now you can select “Quick Report” as the job type.

This will allow you to select any quick report and you have to option to email it as well.  

Once the Application Server Task is configured as necessary, you just need to create a schedule for it.

Please refer to the attached documentation, it mentions all the steps clearly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Chathura Karunarathna,

Follow these steps to create the Application Server Task.

1. Go to “Application Server Tasks” window under Solution Manager → Integration, which will bring you to a table window.
  2. There, click on the ‘+’ button to add a new task, which will bring you to “Create New Application Server Task” window.
  3. Now you can select “Quick Report” as the job type.

This will allow you to select any quick report and you have to option to email it as well.  

Once the Application Server Task is configured as necessary, you just need to create a schedule for it.

Please refer to the attached documentation, it mentions all the steps clearly.

@Charith Epitawatta: As mentioned above this is for app9 not for app10, for app9 the job type is disabled as below. That is the question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

@Charith Epitawatta: As mentioned above this is for app9 not for app10, for app9 the job type is disabled as below. That is the question.

The screenshot I have posted is from an IFSAPP9 TECH environment. I double checked just now on IFSAPP9 TECH CMB and the job type is not disabled. Looks like an environment specific issue. Might require some hands on investigation. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The screenshot I have posted is from an IFSAPP9 TECH environment. I double checked just now on IFSAPP9 TECH CMB and the job type is not disabled. Looks like an environment specific issue. Might require some hands on investigation. 

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,
Thank you for the insight. But this leads to the initial question. “the “Job type” is disabled in the "Create new Application server Task" window. Can someone please help us to activate the job type.”
There should be any setting to activate this.
Kind Regards,
/Chathura.