Solved

How to download IFS Developer Studio

• 2 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

I’m new to IFS,  I want to download “IFS Developer Studio”. I tried this https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/050_development_tools/002_developer_studio/010_install_developer_studio/default.htm

but this path is not available in my system

\\corpnet\\files\\F1Tools\\IFSDeveloperStudio\\

What do I have to do now?

Thanks,

Narsi.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 6 November 2020, 23:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@william.klotz thank you so much for your reply.   Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @johnw66 ,

I’m pretty sure the developer.ifs.com link is for IFS employees and IFS partners and not customers.

The only way I’m aware a customer can obtain IFS Developer Studio is by purchasing a developer license.  IFS will then make it available by an IFS Delivery and it would be downloaded from the customer FTP location at IFS.  

We are a customer and we purchased a developer license and that’s how IFS delivered the IFS Developer studio.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I cannot access the link?

Badge +1

IFS Developer Studio is now available on developer.ifs.com

With useful FAQ and links to material

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Rusiru 

Thanks for your reply.

I have requested my manager, he is contacting to IFS Support. Let’s see what happens 

Thanks,

Narsi.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

We also requested access to IFSDS and this was the response:

“We do not permit the use of IFS Developer Studio, although we do reference this in various documentation.

Most everything that is done using the IFS Developer Studio are things that are not allowed to be changed. For instance it is used for IFS modelling and other development tasks undertaken by IFS. None of which a customer is licensed to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The above link is not public visible. Can you check whether the following link works for you?

\\corpnet\files\F1ToolsExternal\IFSDeveloperStudio\

Normally IFS customers would need to get development license to do use the tool and do developments. If you already have that but cannot access above link I think its better you create a support ticket and request the tool.