Solved

Granting access to CRM Panel in Apps 10

• 15 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I need to grant access to the CRM Panel in Apps 10 to our IFS CRM Consultant. Can you please share any set up document/guidance available.

Thanks,

Pradeep

icon

Best answer by PradeepP 5 August 2020, 14:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Pradeep, did you get any feedback on this as I am too trying to setup the CRM Panel for apps10.

Badge +4

Hi,

Yes I did. Please see below:

1. Firstly Apps 10 version has to have UPD8 deployed
  2. IFS CRM Consultant needs to provide a script with instructions to add it as an add-in to Outlook

I hope this helps but feel free to contact if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

IFS CRM Consultant needs to provide a script with instructions to add it as an add-in to Outlook

What kind of script is this?

Badge +4

A txt file to add the add-in

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hello,

CRM Panel is available from IFS Applications 10 UPD 4 onwards (although we do recommend UPD 8).

The CRM Panel is now delivered as a manifest XML file on the IFS add-ins page, although in earlier updates this was not the case - IFS delivered the file manually/by email etc.  The manifest file needs to be slightly edited to point to the environment URL path.  This is covered in the Tech Documentation, but feel free to ask for more details here if needed.

The manifest file is then imported into Outlook 365 as an add-in.  I have found it possible to do this both via Outlook desktop, and via Outlook on the web.  

You will need to grant Projection RmPanelHandling to the users wanting to use it.

Those are the basic steps; let me know if further explanation is needed.

Thanks, Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Add-ons page showing the manifest file for download.

If you don’t see this, in UPD 8, it likely means the RMPANL component is not present in your installation. 

Badge +4

Hi, just FYI - we are upgrading to Apps 10 and when our instance had UPD6 installed the CRM Panel did not work.

We raised the issue with IFS Support, who confirmed that it required UPD8. It got deployed last week and CRM Panel is working now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Pradeep, 

yes there were a couple of issues in earlier updates - the main one being an authentication issue.