Solved

Getting API documentation for Custom Projection

• 19 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Running IFS Apps10 UPD10

Looking for ideas to see the standard API documentation for a Custom Projection.  We plan to use an API call to populate the associated LU with data from an external system.

We have Included in Compatibility Application Type = Yes

From API Manager - options to see documentation fail

Documentation →  API Doc Compatibility Application Type gets this error

and Specifications → OpenAPIv3 Compatibility Application Type gets this error

icon

Best answer by ashdlk 20 May 2021, 12:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, This is a known error on Apps10 UPD10. The bug is fixed on Apps10 UPD11. Please check solution 290150.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks @ashdlk - do you know if the bug is just with the documentation, or if the API for the custom LUs don’t work at all in UPD10?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, the bug is with API Documentation only. Custom LU generated APIs work all fine.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @jhooperyan , 

There is a workaround exists to create Custom Projection directly from Aurena. 

But firstly, delete projection which was created automatically.

Let me know if anything is unclear for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @jhooperyan , 

My challenge is, I’m using the projection to get the API I need to update a Custom LU I am using in IEE.  Is there a way to connect a custom projection created in Aurena with an IEE Custom LU?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @jhooperyan , 

My challenge is, I’m using the projection to get the API I need to update a Custom LU I am using in IEE.  Is there a way to connect a custom projection created in Aurena with an IEE Custom LU?

Yes, sure. Just create Custom Projection in Aurena and choose CLU created in IEE as a source (Entity).  But, again, if I am not mistaken, you’d delet autogenerated projection first.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Unfortunately, the work around didn’t work.  I deleted the Custom Projection and then recreated in Aurena - and I still can’t generate documentation.

And, I have no idea what the API for a Custom Projection looks like (what the APIs inside the projection might be named), so I have no way to try the API anyway.

We are using Boomi to integrate.  I’ve tried doing a straight DB connection instead, but now I’m running into compatibility issues when writing a Boomi date into a date/time field in the Custom Projection/LU.

If anyone can share with me what the standard structure of the APIs on a Custom Projection looks like, I might be able to figure out the naming conventions and see if the API works or not.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Further update - I flagged this problem solved too soon (and can’t unsolve it).  Bottom line is if you are on Apps10 UPD10 - there is no solution.  APIs do not work at all (no documentation, no functionality) in UPD10.  The IFS statement is this is “fixed in UPD11, do an update.”  Due to the effort involved in uplifting our mods, fixing our trade docs (I really wish they would stop breaking on updates), and testing an IFS update, we only implement even updates.  To get this answer just as we finish our UPD10 installation is extremely discouraging.

Since this is a custom LU (and not a core IFS table), and required for my current project (go live in 4 weeks), I am abandoning my absolute rule of ONLY using IFS code to write to IFS tables.  These are landing tables for a Boomi interface and we’ve written our Boomi process to do direct writes.  Luckily - this is pretty straight forward in Boomi

I’m not sure when I will revisit this / change to APIs.  It’s a bit disconcerting that on the one hand, IFS is promoting Aurena / APIs as the future and partnered with Boomi.  But on the other hand - an element of the APIs is completely broken in UPD10 and the answer is basically “yup - it is.”  What if if I move my Boomi code to APIs and this happens again in a future update?