Question

Error when attempting to remove a customer

• 3 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello,

After creating a new customer, and populating the Invoice>General tab with company data, the customer is unable to be removed.  There are no transactions of any kind associated with this customer.  The following error message comes up:

Reference design error when executing “SELECT COUNT(*) FROM INVOICE_TAB WHERE company = :value1_ AND identity = :value2_ AND PARTY_TYPE = :value3_ AND (CREATOR = ‘’Project_Invoice_API’’)”

When copying the error out of the debugger, I notice that Project_Invoice_API is encapsulated in two sets of single quotes, which throws the error.  I can attach the PL/SQL trace if it would be of any use.  Any thoughts on this mystery?

Many thanks,

Marty

10 replies

Badge +1

Hello Sidekick,

What is the IFS application that you are using? Is it IEE client or Aurena?

which version of IEE client if you aere using IEE client?

Br,

Lakmalee.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

This is IEE client, version 10 Update 6.

Badge +1

Hello Sidekick,

As per my understanding, when you try to remove an existing customer from the system , it validates existing records for any connection with the customer record is being deleted.

System checks invoice records as well as a part of above validation process.

When systems run invoice validation flow against the customer , this error occurs because of wrong coding in the execution code.

This error is not related to any connection that particular customer has but due to coding errors.(there should be single quotes instead of double quotes)

(CREATOR = ‘’Project_Invoice_API’’) should be corrected to (CREATOR = ‘Project_Invoice_API’)

Hope this helps you!

Best regards,

Lakmalee.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello Sidekick,

As per my understanding, when you try to remove an existing customer from the system , it validates existing records for any connection with the customer record is being deleted.

System checks invoice records as well as a part of above validation process.

When systems run invoice validation flow against the customer , this error occurs because of wrong coding in the execution code.

This error is not related to any connection that particular customer has but due to coding errors.(there should be single quotes instead of double quotes)

(CREATOR = ‘’Project_Invoice_API’’) should be corrected to (CREATOR = ‘Project_Invoice_API’)

Hope this helps you!

Best regards,

Lakmalee.

Thank you for the response - I agree with your analysis.  I do not know, however, how to correct the issue with the parameter being sent with the double single quotes.  I have reached out to IFS about this, but am still awaiting a response from their team.  Thank you for keeping me pointed in the right direction!

Badge +1

Can you name the person you spoke to in IFS…? If the person is in Colombo, maybe I can talk to them...

Badge +1

Hi Mithila,

You can contact( create a LCS case) IFS GSO team and they will check this initially and direct you to the relevant service.

Best regards,

Lakmalee.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Are you trying to delete the whole customer?  The customer record crosses several tables.  You might have to delete the child records completely before you can delete the customer.  So - if you had to use create to populate the tab, have you tried doing a delete on that specific tab?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We are having the same issue now… the select 

select *
from invoice_tab 
where identity = ‘customer to be deleted’ 

returns 0 rows

All tabs in the customer have been deleted, except the invoice tab. Trying this I will get the error...

Did you get any feedback to a Case?

Thank you for your reply!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Marty,

I had created a case and got this reply: 

The issue will be corrected from Patch "150297". But it is not recommended to apply that bug fix as a single patch and should take with UPD 7.

Regards Martina

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

IFS Designed the Solution/Patch to Correct this Issue. But it is not recommended to apply that bug fix as a single patch and should take at least with UPD 7. (due to the criticality of the patch content, it was advised only to receive a patch with UPD 7 or a later version).

Regards
Shan