Question

Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable after restart

• 30 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

After re-start and log-in the following message pop up:

Error occurred while calling http://ifs-prod.____:58080/fndext/clientgateway/. Please contact your system administrator.

Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method ClientApplication/IdentifyCurrentUser

bei Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync)
   bei Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.Interactive.FndLoginDialog.AuthenticateCredentials(FndLoginCredentials loginCreds, Boolean isWIA) ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Error occurred while calling http://ifs-prod.___.de:58080/fndext/clientgateway/. Please contact your system administrator.

Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable
   bei Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpStatusErrors(HttpWebResponse result, Exception innerException)
   bei Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InitializeConnection()
   bei Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.GetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, FndApfAsyncInvoke asyncInvokeHandle)
   bei Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.CallGetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, FndApfAsyncInvoke asyncInvokeHandle)
   bei Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeGetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, Boolean& abandoned, Boolean forcedSync)
   bei Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync)

Any ideas what do to?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

What is the version of IFS?

Why did you restart the applications? Did you make any changes recently?

If your Production is down, I would reach out to IFS Support right away.

Badge +2

IFS 9 .. restart after network changes

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

How did you restart the Apps 9 services?  Did you follow IFS recommended steps (see attached)?

Also, did the network changes affect the Database and Apps Servers?

You can try reconfiguring IFS to see if that resolves the issue and I would recommend entering IFS* System user passwords (one of the reconfiguration screens) to make sure they are correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Uwe ,

First I’d check the make sure the network changes aren’t causing your issue.

We would get the same 503 error sometimes after performing a shutdown and restart of our IFS Application.  We found by running a reconfiguration of the application server would rebuild the configuration file and solve our issue.

If it continues like @Srikanth  said reach out to IFS Support as soon as possible.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

Before doing a reconfiguration, please try restarting just the HTTP server. There is a known issue where if the HTTP server comes up before the ManagedServer, it would give this error. If you are doing a server reboot without shutting down the IFS application servers, try setting the windows service for the HTTP server to delayed automatic. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi ,

You can try restarting application server. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

First, check the status of the HTTP server and if it is stopped, try to start the HTTP server and if the issue is not resolved, try to do a proper HTTP server restart. If not yet resolved, do an application server restart by following the document which has been attached by @Srikanth in his reply. Mostly this will resolve the issue. Otherwise, you’ll need to do a reconfiguration on the application instance and check whether the issue is resolved.

Cheers,

Jeewaka.

Badge

A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that your web server operates properly, but it can't temporarily handle the request at the moment. This error happen for a wide variety of reasons. Normally, this error can be due to a temporary overloading or maintenance being performed on the server and it is resolved after a period of time or once another thread has been released by web-server application.    A 503 service unavailable is a temporary condition and the caller should retry after a reasonable period of time. Also check the http response headers for the description of the 503 error.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

We use IFS9 and Oracle 12.

After power outage,  I have the same problem. Oracle is running but IFS not running. I restarted all service but not ok. Only I can’t found reconfigure. 

Error occurred while calling http://192.168.2.37:58080/fndext/clientgateway/. Please contact your system administrator.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I run stop_all_servers. result is ManagedServer1 could not be stopped. What does this mean