Question

Demand Planner / EE Change Password button IFSv9

• 16 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

99% of our user base use single sign on to authenticate into the IFS Applications. There are a small number of IFS users that use the Demand Planner client, and as Single Sign on is not an option for Demand Planner, these users need to know their IFS/Oracle password.

As we have strengthened all user IFS/Oracle passwords these demand planner users need to be able to change their own oracle/ifs passwords themselves.

I can see an option in the Demand Planner to Change Password, but it is greyed out. I assume this is related to the reason why our users cannot click on the Change Password button in the Application login screen?

Does anyone know how we can allow a user to change their own IFS/Oracle password? or is this something that is unavailable due to our IFS Single Sign on setup?

Any help or discussion appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Mike,
Could you please provide screenshots on “logging” or “password change option” window from both Demand Planer and IFS Application?

If you are seen something like below, you need to click on “Options”

Then select “Default” option.

Then it will enable the Change Password option as below.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

The Change Password button in IFS EE is not greyed out, however we do not have access to the ‘Default’ radio button. The Change Password option in Demand Planner client is greyed out.

Regards

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Mike,

I did some research and found that this is the intended behavior when the main authentication mechanism is SSO or LDAP.

“Change password function is only available when you login to the application using Database authentication as the main authentication mechanism. This is when the application server is configured to use DB authentication. When the application server is configured to authenticate using SSO or LDAP as the main authentication mechanism then DB authentication becomes an auxiliary authentication mechanism”

Therefore, unfortunately the workaround is to manual change of oracle password by IT department. But, this is no longer an issue the latest IFS Releases (IFS Cloud) where the authentication is redesigned.

Best Regards,

Savinda

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@MikeArbon  I would like to add some more to the above conversation on Demand Planner perspective. 

Actually the demand planner is not designed in a way that the single signing on is enabled. 

Normally the end user that logs in to the demand client is the Oracle user. For the oracle users , the change password option is not enabled via the demand client. 

But there are special type of users whom we can set up as users only for demand client. That is very rarely used but the given option is enabled only for those special users. 

If you need further details on how those special users are set up, I can find more details and come back to you. But at this point hope I answered your question. 

/Sangeetha Jayamaha