Solved

Custom Menu with Transfer using Persistent Reference fields on Custom LUs

• 2 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
  • Hero (Partner)
  • 69 replies

Hopefully not me having a Monday moment...

I have 3 Custom LUs:

LU1 KEY: MODEL_NO, REV_NO (Persistent Number Fields)

LU2 KEY: MODEL_REF (Persistent Reference Field, ultimately the OBJKEY from LU1)

LU3 KEY: MODEL_REF (Persistent Reference Field, ultimately the OBJKEY from LU1)

I want to navigate from LU3 → LU2 via the KEY (MODEL_REF). At VIEW level there are 2 columns MODEL_REF and MODEL_REF_DB.

I have used ERROR_SYS.Record_General to peek at the values behind each key; the results are interesting:

MODEL_REF (2019-12-02_16-16-43.jpg) - This value matches the one shown in debug console when loading the screen

MODEL_REF_DB (2019-12-02_16-21-14.jpg) - “Invalid Type definition” error...

Can someone make this work?

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 3 December 2019, 04:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I Think i faced this once but not sure if I ended up doing like a custom field, read only, doing a substr of the other field to get the “right value”.

but it has been a while.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You may already understand that reference type persistent custom fields behave differently due to its underline design. However you should be able to design your custom menu as per below and get the expected outcome. 

Note that the source key is used as CF$_MODEL_REF and the destination key is set as CF$_MODEL_REF_DB. Let me know if you still get any errors or problems with your example. Do not use CF$_MODEL_REF_DB in source. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

You may already understand that reference type persistent custom fields behave differently due to its underline design. However you should be able to design your custom menu as per below and get the expected outcome. 

Note that the source key is used as CF$_MODEL_REF and the destination key is set as CF$_MODEL_REF_DB. Let me know if you still get any errors or problems with your example. Do not use CF$_MODEL_REF_DB in source. 

Thanks @Rusiru… the jingle bells were affecting my brain!