Question

Custom Menu for jumping to a Custom Page with parameters

• 16 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Community,

I am trying to create a custom menu to navigate to a custom page in a “new” mode and populating information of the page destination.

Being more precise, I am creating a new custom menu in Customer Order screen and I want to navigate to a new custom page in “NEW” mode and populating the custom field CF$_CONFIGURATION_ID with the CONFIGURATION_ID coming from the Customer Order Line. 

This is what I have done:

Created a Custome menu URL type:

URL is: ifsapf:cpgConfigurationCharCheck?ACTION=new&CF%24_CONFIGURATION_ID=&CONFIGURATION_ID

When I execute the menu, I navigate to the new custom page in “new mode”, but the field CF$_CONFIGURATION_ID is not populated with the configuration id, although it is coming from the customer order properly:

Do you see something wrong in the URL?

As extra, this is the Custom LU behind the custom page:

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @JuanFran,

You can navigate via a custom menu, to a custom page populating the targeted data.  (I have demonstrated this below.)
But I am not sure whether it is possible to transfer data in the “new” mode. When adding ACTION=new in the URL, then the window acts like you press (F5). It gives you to enter new data.

• I have created a custom menu in the “Orace User Management” page and set the URL format below.

ifsapf:cpgSanmlkPage?external_search=CF$_USER_ID=&USERNAME

• Then I RMB on a data which my custome page already has a record.

• This navigates to the custom page with the intended result.

Source: 

I hope this will be helpful.

Cheers,
Sandun Madola.