Crystal Web Services Error - fails to retrieve report

• 31 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 42 replies

Hi all,

I’ve created a new draft Purchase Order Crystal report - it pretty much got it’s design refreshed and re branded - all schema, data, report rules have been unchanged. 

I’ve given it different name to the original (added _v1 at the end). I’ve put it into correct folders on the server and I have also added new info in Report Definitions but yet I’m still getting typical error:

Any ideas what else I’m missing? This is so far within test instance of IFS. 

icon

Best answer by durette 3 August 2020, 23:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

After changing the connected database objects names with _V1 did you grant them to IFSPRINT user?

if not you may try with below

grant select on 'object_name' to IFSPRINT; 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

Which IFS version is it? There is a quite good debuger beginning with IFS9 version.

Best Regards

Piotr

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi

Which IFS version is it? There is a quite good debuger beginning with IFS9 version.

Best Regards

Piotr

Hey Piotr,

Debug Console gives me identical PL/SQL details for report that works vs. one that doesn’t so nothing useful for me there yet. 

Thanks for your input! 

Kasia

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hey Piotr,

Debug Console gives me identical PL/SQL details for report that works vs. one that doesn’t so nothing useful for me there yet. 

Thanks for your input! 

Kasia

Hi

I mean Crystal debug feature which is configured on crystal web service machine.

Piotr

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Piotr,

Thanks for your input! 

Kasia

Hi

I mean Crystal debug feature which is configured on crystal web service machine.

Piotr

With you now, will give this a go. Thanks very much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

To debug, log on to the server hosting IIS for Crystal. Open the web browser:

http://host/directory/Ifs_ReportService.asmx?op=GetSavedPDFReport

From here, while coming from the local host, it provides a form where you can make a manual Crystal request.

FileName: your RPT filename
ParamaterValues: your result key if it's an operational report
LangCode: en (or your language)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Issue was with one of the fonts that was being used within the report. It was not of a True Type therefore not supported by CR when being retrieved. 

Logs in wwwroot folder were the key to my issue. 

Thanks all for replying.