Question

Crystal Reports in Aurena: Passing Parameters.

• 21 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello. I’m developing a Crystal Report for the Change Request Aurnea page, and wanted to be able to pass a parameter from the Change Request to be used in the Crystal Report. Is this possible? I have a parameter set up in the Crystal report itself for the Request number, but the user has to enter this number in manually. I was hoping to be able to pass the Request number automatically using the parameter mapping, but was unable to do that so far. Is there some sort of special syntax the Crystal report parameter needs to be in order to use it this way? I’m using a custom  ExecuteQuickReport action so that when a user is on a given Change Request Form record, they can generate a Crystal Report for that specific record.

I’m using IFS 10 UPD 10. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Parameter Mapping for the ExecuteQuickReport Custom Action in page designer.

Manually entering in the Crystal report parameter.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

have same issue. it must be a source and destination mismatch. but tried different ways. Are you able to resolve this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ChaMylesC and @Brijesh410 

According to the IFS Applications 10 Technical Documentation, ParameterMappings feature is currently available only for SQL Quick Reports.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/045_administration_aurena/220_Configuration/200_client_configurations/300_commands/default.htm#execute-quick-report-command

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you for the response @Randini Jayasundara .

Is there any other way to pass a field value to a crystal report? Perhaps through a URL filter?

We would really like to be able to pass the Request NO from the Change Request directly into a Crystal Report. I understand if this is not possible but just wanted to ask if there might be another way to do it.

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

this is why I really dont find Aurena as useful as IEE. Many teething issues and RMB option in IEE was a charm to use.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ChaMylesC 

You may try this.

First check if the report is visible using a URL. Add Request No as a parameter. Refer below post to get an idea.

If that is possible then you can try the steps mentioned in the ‘External Navigation Link Command’ section.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/045_administration_aurena/220_Configuration/200_client_configurations/300_commands/default.htm#external-navigation-link-command

Here you can define the parameters to be included in the URL (steps 6 and 7).

I’m not sure whether this works or not, but just give it a try.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Randini Jayasundara ,

Thank you for the idea.

I did try this out today, but was unable to pass a parameter to the Crystal Report using the External Navigation Link, or through the URL.

It appears that I am unable to populate the field in the report using the URL, and cannot navigate to the generated Crystal report passing in the Request No. It seems the only way to generate the report is to manually enter in the parameter value. My company does have a ticket open with IFS on this issue, but I am not sure there is a way to accomplish this passing in the value. I will post here if a workaround is found though.

​I appreciate the help ,

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ChaMylesC 

Thank you for the reply. Please update the thread if you get a solution/workaround.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara 

is there any workaround for this? or can we consider this as a bug?

/Shanaka

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi.

As mentioned in an earlier comment, this is currently only available for Quick Reports of type SQL.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/045_administration_aurena/220_Configuration/200_client_configurations/300_commands/default.htm#execute-quick-report-command

We do not have any plans at the moment to add this feature in to Quick Reports of type CR for the Apps 10 track.

Regards,

Chanaka