Question

Cost Estimation Software Integration with IFS

• 19 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 2 replies

COST ESTIMATION INTEGRATION

I am busy with an implementation for a construction solution and I am looking to find out some more information around a cost estimation software integration with IFS as this is a requirement from the customer.

1. Has this kind of integration been successfully developed in another implementation?
  2. How was it integrated?
  3. What was the type of cost estimation details that were integrated?
  4. Was this integrated with the Project WBS or Sub Contracts?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Perhaps we can address this from your business requirements.

1. What integration points are required with IFS?
  2. What data needs to be exchanged?
  3. Is the integration inbound, outbound, or bidirectional?
  4. Are you looking for a real-time integration or batch mode using data files?

Any additional information you can provide would be helpful.

Badge +2

Please see my responses below in BOLD.  

Perhaps we can address this from your business requirements.

1. What integration points are required with IFS? - The main integration point that is required is the bill of quantity (for the main contractor package) into a sub contract.
  2. What data needs to be exchanged? - All the data relating to the items, the full item description, the multiple POMI measurement levels, the quantity, the rate etc. All details that are captured in the BOQ need to be represented as a contract.
  3. Is the integration inbound, outbound, or bidirectional? - Only inbound required.
  4. Are you looking for a real-time integration or batch mode using data files? - Real time integration is what has been requested by the customer, however I am of the opinion that batch mode data file integration will be the best as the BOQ version needs to be confirmed and approved before it is imported into the system.

Any additional information you can provide would be helpful.