Cookie Limit on Support Site

• 28 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15
  • Superhero (Employee)
  • 153 replies

Support.ifsworld.com says

The cookie limit for this domain has soon been reached….

Has anyone else come across this error?  If so, do you know how to fix it?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The IFS Customer is using Chrome browser.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @jabous ,

This seems an issue with reaching maximum number of cookie values. You may try following to clear them.

• Open Chrome.
  • At the top right, Click More.
  • Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
  • At the top, Select All time.
  • Next to Cookies and other site data  &  Cached images and files  > check the boxes.
  • Click Clear data.

NB : After you clear cache and cookies, some settings on sites may get deleted.
eg: if you have signed in, you’ll need to sign in again. If you turn sync on in Chrome, you’ll stay signed in to the Google Account you’re syncing. Sometimes sites can be slower because content, like images, will load again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Happening in Edge Browser too

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @jabous ,

This seems an issue with reaching maximum number of cookie values. You may try following to clear them.

• Open Chrome.
  • At the top right, Click More.
  • Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
  • At the top, Select All time.
  • Next to Cookies and other site data  &  Cached images and files  > check the boxes.
  • Click Clear data.

NB : After you clear cache and cookies, some settings on sites may get deleted.
eg: if you have signed in, you’ll need to sign in again. If you turn sync on in Chrome, you’ll stay signed in to the Google Account you’re syncing. Sometimes sites can be slower because content, like images, will load again.

@Minoshini Fonseka even clearing Cache and cookies,  I still get the same message and i see i have difficulty attaching documents with cases on IFS portal these days.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@OrangeCloud 

The number of cookies from support site has been reached to a limit and you must remove the cookies from edge browser. 

Please try to remove the cookies through the following path.

Open edge> settings > Cookies and site permissions > See all cookies and site data > Remove all. 

Sometimes you will be seen an error just after removing cookies when accessing the support portal URL due to the removal of all cookies. Thus, wait for a while and try to reach the portal through the same link. Then it will be visible without this warning message. 

Thank you!

Badge +1

Is there any permanent solution on this issue?, Many of my users have experience this issue when accessing personal portal/Web Client portal (IFS 9 Apps). After they delete the files/or erase the cookies, the error will come back the next day.  Thanks!